• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I sell a Tec 31 for $27.5k, and I paid $20k for it. My overhead is $500. What is my percent profit based on the cost and on the selling price? (shrug):grin:
7000 profit (7500 less 500 in expenses associated with the purchase/sale of the book) off a 20,000 purchase =35%...7000 profit, relative to your sale/retail is 7000/27500= approx 25.45%

Dear Gator,

Are Magazine slabs and Golden Age slabs the same size?? Cause we just got in these sweet Magazine Flip-N-Stick sample bags for Slabs that fit nicely. If Golden Age are the same size or a tad smaller then they would be perfect.

:popcorn:

Jeff

Gator,

Will you buy some comics from my sales thread?

MrBedrock's sales thread

I believe you might be getting a book i am interested in hm

But it isn't in the thread. So I guess the answer is no :cry:

Dear Gator,

Are Magazine slabs and Golden Age slabs the same size?? Cause we just got in these sweet Magazine Flip-N-Stick sample bags for Slabs that fit nicely. If Golden Age are the same size or a tad smaller then they would be perfect.

Jeff

unfortunately no...magazine are significantly bigger

Gator,

Will you buy some comics from my sales thread?

MrBedrock's sales thread

I believe you might be getting a book i am interested in hm

But it isn't in the thread. So I guess the answer is no :cry:

I will keep looking, but I just "blew my wad" so to speak and a little deal, so maybe I would have enough that I can buy a coke zero from you

Dear Gator,

Jeff

unfortunately no...magazine are significantly bigger

:sorry:

Ok, back to the grind.

Dear Gator:

What are the last 3 books you have purchased for your personal collection?

Headline 8, Pep 34, Wonderworld 8...you won't see those on any sales wall at any convention (thumbs u

this week

Dear Gator:

Headline 8, Pep 34, Wonderworld 8...you won't see those on any sales wall at any convention (thumbs u

this week

I am keeping personal separated from resell...I would be willing to place a wager with you :baiting:

Dear Gator,

Will you please buy all my Stan Lee Sig Series Marvel books from me at my asking prices?

Sincerely,

RMA

who's stan lee (shrug)

Some guy. He wrote a few Timely Captain Americas.....

and relation to Bruce Lee (shrug)

Dear Gator:

this week

You may want to update that list :baiting:

maybe one or 2 can stay with me :wishluck: , but I would put them as tier 2 books for me (see next post)

I have 3 tiers of books I own

tier 1...books I buy strictly with the intent to resell, have no real interest in collecting (most SA, etc)

tier 2...books that I love to collect, but that are priced for sale (displayed at cons), but that I am just as happy keeping

tier 3...books that are not for sale (never displayed at cons, so few know I have them), that are part of the "permanent" collection (now, might be some upgrading or downgrading within this tier, but many I have owned for the entire 6-7 years I have been back to collecting GA)

Gator

Did Cam Newton leave Florida because the boosters didn't pay him his weekly stipend as promised?

xoxo

greggy

he was better looking that tebow and harvin, so he had to go!...but not at dreamy as you :cloud9: