• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I saw my first and only live wrestling match in about 1972.

That's the year I was born...

:whistle:

Dear Gator,

What year were you born?

you young kids with your long hair and rock and roll music :screwy:

:o

Dear Gator,

What year were you born?

gator, will uf beat usc[east] and go to atlanta? will auburn lose to jawja and 'bama? will lsu win out and play uf? will enuff happen in the top 4 to give lsu the chance to beat uf and be in the big one? did oswald act alone?

Dear Gator,

In a real wrestling match with no acting, could anyone have beaten Andre the Giant in his prime? If so, who?

I got my picture taken with Andre and Dusty Rhodes right here in Panama City Florida in the early 80's when they were tag team partners... in Andre's prime, he was an awesome athlete...

in the 70's and 80's, there were still "bigger" men, like Haystacks Calhoun and stronger men like Bruno S...into the 80's and 90's the likes of Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger were just incredible specimens physically, that they might have taken Andre in a real match...

I think andre only lost 2 matches in the early days...Canek pinned him and Antonio Inoki got him by submission and in the End, I think Hulk H got him too

Dear Gator,

Any chance you could scan and post this picture? I'd like to see a couple of legends side by side, and Dusty Rhodes too

Dear Gator,

What year were you born?

gator, will uf beat usc[east] and go to atlanta? will auburn lose to jawja and 'bama? will lsu win out and play uf? will enuff happen in the top 4 to give lsu the chance to beat uf and be in the big one? did oswald act alone?

lsu's going to loose badly (mark my word) to arkansas. Arkansas should have beaten alabama and was very close beating to auburn. I predict the final power west will be:

West:

1) auburn

2) arkansas

3) lsu

4) alabama

East:

1) south carolina

2) florida

3) georgia

arkansas can play in the top 10. South Carolina over Florida because Florida doesn't have a quarterback. Next year they will have a stud true freshman qb (Tim Tebow like), but this year I like South Carolina over Florida at Florida.

sec championship: south carolina vs. auburn

winner will be auburn

south carolina and florida will not make it to big bowls this year because of all the good teams in the west.

Dear Gator,

In a real wrestling match with no acting, could anyone have beaten Andre the Giant in his prime? If so, who?

I got my picture taken with Andre and Dusty Rhodes right here in Panama City Florida in the early 80's when they were tag team partners... in Andre's prime, he was an awesome athlete...

in the 70's and 80's, there were still "bigger" men, like Haystacks Calhoun and stronger men like Bruno S...into the 80's and 90's the likes of Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger were just incredible specimens physically, that they might have taken Andre in a real match...

I think andre only lost 2 matches in the early days...Canek pinned him and Antonio Inoki got him by submission and in the End, I think Hulk H got him too

Dear Gator,

Any chance you could scan and post this picture? I'd like to see a couple of legends side by side, and Dusty Rhodes too

if I can find it, yes, I would be happy to scan and post... (thumbs u

Dear Gator,

What year were you born?

I believe the Gators are on a roll and will beat uscE...

I believe that Auburn will, loose to Ala at home

For LSU to go, Auburn has to loose to Georgia and Alabama...one I see, both I don't :sorry:

that Said, if LSU can win out, and Florida can beat Auburn in the SEC, maybe, just maybe the stars will line up and LSU will leap to 2nd in the BCS and play Oregon :wishluck:

Dear Gator,

What year were you born?

lsu's going to loose badly (mark my word) to arkansas. Arkansas should have beaten alabama and was very close beating to auburn. I predict the final power west will be:

West:

1) auburn

2) arkansas

3) lsu

4) alabama

East:

1) south carolina

2) florida

3) georgia

arkansas can play in the top 10. South Carolina over Florida because Florida doesn't have a quarterback. Next year they will have a stud true freshman qb (Tim Tebow like), but this year I like South Carolina over Florida at Florida.

sec championship: south carolina vs. auburn

winner will be auburn

south carolina and florida will not make it to big bowls this year because of all the good teams in the west.

I believe we already have our QB of the future in Jordan Reed, if he so chooses to accept the challenge....I have watched film of Driskel, not that impressed (shrug)

Florida will use the 3 headed QB and hopefully keep the momentum going and beat SC...they have lost 2 in a row and appear on their annual 2nd half slide... Florida has not held homefield like we should have (LSU and MSU) but if the kids can gut it out, then it will be Florida and Auburn in the SEC...and NO sec teams knows Cam like florida :wishluck:

Dear Gator

Why do my Sooners suck - how many more games will they lose? :frustrated:

Boomer bob....nothing else to say

I remember when it used to be Big Game Bob :tonofbricks:

bust bob now (shrug)

Dear Gator

bust bob now (shrug)

he's "little game boob" down here.

Dear Gator

bust bob now (shrug)

he's "little game boob" down here.

interesting

Dear Gator,

If you started an "Ask Gator" thread for yourself would that be the forum equivalent to a spin cycle on my clothing washing machine?