• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Not a fan of your ole ball coach, so I'd root for anyone else in the SEC and all but three schools in the Big 10 (or 12 or 13 or whatever they number now). Still, he can pull a rabbit out of his better then most anyone so it ought to be a good game.

If the Tigers win, can they beat Oregon?

Not a fan of your ole ball coach, so I'd root for anyone else in the SEC and all but three schools in the Big 10 (or 12 or 13 or whatever they number now). Still, he can pull a rabbit out of his better then most anyone so it ought to be a good game.

If the Tigers win, can they beat Oregon?

given the way Or has played last 2 games...yes ..I would give better than even odds au would beat them...but au has to beat usce again, first

G.A.tor, it was interesting to me how the Archie #1 - CGC 5.0 ($34,000) trounced the Adventure #40 - CGC 6.5 ($20,500) in tonights Comiconnect auction. I know Overstreet's Top 100 isn't FMV but it just seems so strange to see Archie up there with the all time Golden Age super hero heavyweights. Do you have any idea where Archie #1 and Pep #22 would approximately rank in todays (grade for grade) FMV top 100?

G.A.tor, it was interesting to me how the Archie #1 - CGC 5.0 ($34,000) trounced the Adventure #40 - CGC 6.5 ($20,500) in tonights Comiconnect auction. I know Overstreet's Top 100 isn't FMV but it just seems so strange to see Archie up there with the all time Golden Age super hero heavyweights. Do you have any idea where Archie #1 and Pep #22 would approximately rank in todays (grade for grade) FMV top 100?

grade for grade, I believe that archie 1 is just a few spots behind batman 1, and pep 22 would be higher than batman 1 (as an entry point)

Gator,

Do you think GA Canadian Eds. are under valued?

Porky

my gut is that there is not enough realized demand from US collectors to qualify for an "increase" in demand...so, likely they are priced or value by collectors of that genre already, and I would not think about them increasing in value for any "normal" reason (thumbs u

Thank you!

Now who would like to sell me some cheap Canadian Editions? :grin:

grade for grade, I believe that archie 1 is just a few spots behind batman 1, and pep 22 would be higher than batman 1 (as an entry point)

Thanks.

Gator,

Do you think GA Canadian Eds. are under valued?

Porky

my gut is that there is not enough realized demand from US collectors to qualify for an "increase" in demand...so, likely they are priced or value by collectors of that genre already, and I would not think about them increasing in value for any "normal" reason (thumbs u

Thank you!

Now who would like to sell me some cheap Canadian Editions? :grin:

there in lies the problem...I don't know of anyone that actively buys or sells them to even guage ...I have never sought out, bought or owned a canadian edition myself, so tough for me to have any authority on the matter... but I suspect, that if you are a savy Canadian edition collector, bargains would abound out there due to lack of competition (shrug)

Like other obscure areas (such as DC variants), bargains exist. There is little

competition. However, the dratted things do not show up often. So what you

save in dollars, you pay for in time and searches.

Like all collecting, to build a good collection you:

a) do it fast with a lot of money and not much time; or

b) do it slow with a lot of time and not much money.

Hard core collectors try to find some middle ground.

Just happy that OU beat OSU @ Stillwater. Unfortunately, wasn't a sure thing until the last minute. Laughable play by both teams during the 4th quarter.

Oh, G.A.tor, what about OU / Nebraska if the BCS puts us into the Championship game? What's the final score on that one?

pretty much a lock that is the game...27-21 ou

Not too far off, final OU 23 - Nebraska 20

Please please G.A.tor, assure me that Big Game Bob will finally win one :wishluck: and break the curse. :mad:

Just happy that OU beat OSU @ Stillwater. Unfortunately, wasn't a sure thing until the last minute. Laughable play by both teams during the 4th quarter.

Oh, G.A.tor, what about OU / Nebraska if the BCS puts us into the Championship game? What's the final score on that one?

Please please G.A.tor, assure me that Big Game Bob will finally win one :wishluck: and break the curse. :mad:

let's see who the opponent is first :baiting:

Connecticutt (sp?) :wishluck:

Connecticutt (sp?) :wishluck:

losing this one would be worse than the boise loss, imo.

g.a.tor, central florida finished ranked in the final bcs standings. "the u" and the gators both unranked [as well as s. fla.]---is this a lasting shift of the balance of power in the state?