• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

thanks folks!

unlikely I can post any more after this morning, but I hope to be back in full force come early February!

till then, toodles

They have internet cafes all over Thailand.

in Bangkok yes...not in the village we will be in...no running water or plumbing so definitely no internet cafes doh!

Stay away from Patpong road if you want to see your kids more than every other weekend.

we head back to bangkok today, then get on plane for 30 hours of flights to the US tomorrow!

lol you wrote "Bangkok"

thanks folks!

unlikely I can post any more after this morning, but I hope to be back in full force come early February!

till then, toodles

They have internet cafes all over Thailand.

in Bangkok yes...not in the village we will be in...no running water or plumbing so definitely no internet cafes doh!

Stay away from Patpong road if you want to see your kids more than every other weekend.

we head back to bangkok today, then get on plane for 30 hours of flights to the US tomorrow!

lol you wrote "Bangkok"

Maybe they still listen to Ratt, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden.

woo hoo...I am back!!! :headbang:

Welcome back, did you change? What did you gain from your trip?(besides 2 weeks of emails) Learn anything? What did you do? Where did you stay? How did you help?

I didn't change in philosophy , so to speak, though I believe I grew as a person, gained knowledge and appreciation of what we have here in the states ...I gained an incredible understanding of just what really happens in some of these 3rd world countries... I learned some Thai... I shared meals and testimonies and philosophies with staunch Budists parents of Christian children,...I helped paint churches, I taught english to school children, etc... we stayed a few days in Bangkok, and a week+ between Chiang Mai and Mae Wong village... I hope we were a positive influence on those we came in contact with, only time will tell..

hardest part for me was being away from my family for 2 weeks~!

Welcome back, did you change? What did you gain from your trip?(besides 2 weeks of emails) Learn anything? What did you do? Where did you stay? How did you help?

I didn't change in philosophy , so to speak, though I believe I grew as a person, gained knowledge and appreciation of what we have here in the states ...I gained an incredible understanding of just what really happens in some of these 3rd world countries... I learned some Thai... I shared meals and testimonies and philosophies with staunch Budists parents of Christian children,...I helped paint churches, I taught english to school children, etc... we stayed a few days in Bangkok, and a week+ between Chiang Mai and Mae Wong village... I hope we were a positive influence on those we came in contact with, only time will tell..

:golfclap::angel::foryou:

:golfclap::angel::foryou:

+1

Wow, incredible. :applause:

I had no idea Gator, wow. And here I thought I have had a busy few weeks.

Sounds like a life altering experience.

What was the first thing you ate when you got home?

:D

I had no idea Gator, wow. And here I thought I have had a busy few weeks.

Sounds like a life altering experience.

What was the first thing you ate when you got home?

:D

well, to be honest, I didn't get to eat much between thailand and home, and when Bridget picked me up at the airport, she had stopped at Popeyes and gotten me a box of fried chicken...then I ate a donut at home lol

outside gov building (king is very revered in Thailand...they jail anyone that makes a negative public , or even private, comment!)

no shorts allowed, so I had to rent a pair of those nifty pants lol

thailand2011025.jpg