• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator

Between Sprite Zero and Vitamin water Zero, which one would you drink?

had an upset belly yesterday, drank 3 sprite zero's and ate soda crackers... vitamin water never was a consideration (thumbs u

So Rick... I know in the past you've mentioned 0.5 PR restored copies of Batman 1 going for the $5k range. Do you think the one currently up on ComicConnect will punch over that marker? I was guessing it could go higher since it's a complete copy with both front and back covers present. Although it's been sitting still at $2850 the past week or so, I figure it's going to start shooting up in the final 12-24 hours.

Dear Gator,

As we all know, an AF #15 graded a 9.6 recently sold for 1.1 million dollars.

There has always appeared to be (to me at least) something of a gap value-wise between the top GA books and the top SA books.

Last year the all-time comic book sales record was shattered and now...the all-time SA record has been shattered.

While there is still an obvious difference in grade between the top AF #15 (9.6) that recently sold and the Action #1 (8.5) that broke and still holds the all-time sales record, I cannot help but feel that there must still be a pretty strong seperation value-wise between the top GA and SA books.

It also appears to be the general consensus that the 8.5 Action #1 that holds the all-time record is not (incredible though it may be) the best known copy in existence; so perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges in this instance.

Which brings me to my question and the end of my rantrant .

What (if any) kind of impact has a the million-dollar+ sale of a SA book had on the projected values of the top GA books: so for instance, the 8.0, 8.5, and Mile High Action #1's?

So Rick... I know in the past you've mentioned 0.5 PR restored copies of Batman 1 going for the $5k range. Do you think the one currently up on ComicConnect will punch over that marker? I was guessing it could go higher since it's a complete copy with both front and back covers present. Although it's been sitting still at $2850 the past week or so, I figure it's going to start shooting up in the final 12-24 hours.
Didn't follow it. What was the result ?

$5,800. (thumbs u

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=405901

Dear Gator,

There has always appeared to be (to me at least) something of a gap value-wise between the top GA books and the top SA books.

Last year the all-time comic book sales record was shattered and now...the all-time SA record has been shattered.

What (if any) kind of impact has a the million-dollar+ sale of a SA book had on the projected

values of the top GA books: so for instance, the 8.0, 8.5, and Mile High Action #1's?

No real impact imo

Dear Gator,

What (if any) kind of impact has a the million-dollar+ sale of a SA book had on the projected

values of the top GA books: so for instance, the 8.0, 8.5, and Mile High Action #1's?

No real impact imo

So would you consider the FMV of the 8.0 Action #1, 8.0 Tec #27, and 9.6 AF #15 to be about equal (since they all recently sold within a very close price-range)?

Dear Gator,

No real impact imo

So would you consider the FMV of the 8.0 Action #1, 8.0 Tec #27, and 9.6 AF #15 to be about equal (since they all recently sold within a very close price-range)?

I don't consider any sale like that to be fmv... Each is unique and unlikely to be duplicated only potentially exceeded by themselves

Dear Gator,

No real impact imo

I don't consider any sale like that to be fmv... Each is unique and unlikely to be duplicated only potentially exceeded by themselves

I see where you're coming from. (thumbs u

So how about this (and lets theoretically assume you'd be interested)...

If all three of the aforementioned books were offered to you for sale and you had the budget to acquire only one of the three (all for about the same price...since they all sold within 100K of one another), which of the three would you purchase and why?

Action 1 trumps the other 2 for me... Followed by tec 27... I would never equate (personally) any af15 in any condition with those 2

I agree as I feel the same way.

Although all three of the books mentioned are unbelievably incredible; which goes without saying of course. (thumbs u

$5800 lol(worship)

And FWIW re: the AF 15 9.6... I do think it's important to point out that the $1 mil books were not all on the same grade page, so it's difficult to compare them. If we had a 9.6 copy of each... well, whole different pricing stratosphere for Supes and Bats. But we don't.... so it becomes an apples-to-oranges issue (in my mind).

Still, it is significant that no other books have broken that barrier and speaks to their overall significance.

Edited by Mac Man

Is Jimmer going to slow down and give the Gators the lead?

I need them going to the final four in my bracket.

Elite 8 baby!

:whee: The Gators will be back in the Final Four. Third national title in 6 years? :think:

Is Jimmer going to slow down and give the Gators the lead?

I need them going to the final four in my bracket.

Elite 8 baby!

:whee: The Gators will be back in the Final Four. Third national title in 6 years? :think:

lol Doubtful. OH-IO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Gator,

What does your crystal ball say about the BO for summer super hero flicks? hm

Note: BO can stand for either Box Office or Bad Odor

Captain America?

Thor?

Green Lantern?

(Did I miss anything?)

Inquiring minds want to know! :headbang: