• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Rick what's this rumour I hear that you opened an LCS [congrats btw]? I'd love to hear your thought prcoess on deciding to make the jump into store front retail when we are in the enfant stages of a digital platform. Scary or one with little downside once you get an established client base?

I had a retail store for years (extension of our warehouse) but this will be the first stand alone "full retail only " store I have run since 1995... to be honest, I am opening it because I love comics and I figured this is a better way to spend my day than sitting at home watching abc.com lol

I am not expecting to make money, heck, might even lose, but I will enjoy it, and since we actually closed the retail part of the warehouse last year, I have missed the customer interaction (thumbs u

Sounds like a dream to me Rick, sitting around reading comics all day and calling it "work". :cloud9:

Get a loife :makepoint:

Edit: :jokealert:

;)

Edited by Mr. 10%

Rick what's this rumour I hear that you opened an LCS [congrats btw]? I'd love to hear your thought prcoess on deciding to make the jump into store front retail when we are in the enfant stages of a digital platform. Scary or one with little downside once you get an established client base?

Whats it called? 'GAtors comics'.

website ... ? :)

same New Force Comics I have had since 1993.... www.newforcecomics.com has been our website since websites exisited lol

One day, maybe if gas is ever back under $3.00 again, I'll have to take a trip up there. Of course, if a certain comic shop owner had some high grade Schomburg covers for me to buy, I'd be persuaded even more. hm

Don't worry we'll have a grand ole time blasting your neighbors to the east on 9/17.

Did OU back out of their originally scheduled game and get one against UCF or Miami instead?

Can't really think of any other teams to the Gators east (unless they are going the SEC scheduling route and playing the Jacksonville Dolphins or something).

Don't worry we'll have a grand ole time blasting your neighbors to the east on 9/17.

Did OU back out of their originally scheduled game and get one against UCF or Miami instead?

Can't really think of any other teams to the Gators east (unless they are going the SEC scheduling route and playing the Jacksonville Dolphins or something).

GAtor lives in Gainesville ? Guess that's news to me. His team may but I don't think he does.

Dear GAtor,

I see toys but not much for comics on your fine website. Any plans to put your GA/SA inventory up on the site? :wishluck:

Yes I believe we will have ga/sa on site by years end !

Dear Gator,

I recently bought a restored copy of Mystic #5; now I learn that it may only be useful as toilet paper. :ohnoez:

Should I a) send it to CGC for slabbing and hope for the best or b) roll it up and keep it in the storage closet for an unforeseen emergency? :o

Dear Gator,

I recently bought a restored copy of Mystic #5; now I learn that it may only be useful as toilet paper. :ohnoez:

Should I a) send it to CGC for slabbing and hope for the best or b) roll it up and keep it in the storage closet for an unforeseen emergency? :o

send it to me (thumbs u

Dear Gator

Between you and Bedrock, who's going to have the better stock in San Diego?

xoxo

greggy

Dear Gator, if I hold off on buying a low grade Captain america comics 1 until next year will I regret it?
you won't nec regret it, but very likely you will pay more than you would today....

Dear Gator

Why didn't you eat the scorpion?

xoxo

greggy

I flicked it off my shoulder then proceeded to beat it to death with a big rock...didn't look to appetizing after I got done with it!