• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

GA Horror- Crime does not Pay seems to have the best combo of covers and stories
Best to avoid the lame-o covers and stories for EC, Superior or Gilmore. ???
I have enjoyed several stories...however, the reprints are so much cheaper that I do find myself driven to some covers!

CSS are good too (thumbs u

:gossip: CDNP isn't considered a horror title. It's a crime title.

Wait, you are saying that Crime does not Pay is, in fact, part of the crime genre? You lost me. I think we need to go to the flowchart for this one.

HI Gator,

from what I've read, in the past your stores and sales were super-successful, due in part to your action figure sales.

What were your best years, what percentage from those years have things rebounded.

I'm just curious. Are action figures still selling ? If not , what sells best for you, back issue comics ?

BTW , how many stores do you have ?

BEST OF LUCK in the future, JIM.

HI Gator,

from what I've read, in the past your stores and sales were super-successful, due in part to your action figure sales.

What were your best years, what percentage from those years have things rebounded.

I'm just curious. Are action figures still selling ? If not , what sells best for you, back issue comics ?

hm

HI Gator,

no doubt, most all the money I have made, has come from the sale of action figures and statues, etc...

my best years were 1998-2005...at the heigth, we were selling about 3million a year average...right now, the market is at about 5% of that, so it is down 95% from the heigth...

as an example, we used to bring in full 40 ft containers of toys...I would sell 1500-2000 cases of most simpsons asst...900-1200 cases of playets...we would move 1000+ cases of many SW case asst (this almost monthly)...we sold 500-700 cases of ST asst releases, and about 250 cases of SLU and even DC Direct...

today, there are no simpsons, we have terminated our hasbro account because it got to where I couldn't sell even 50 cases of certain sw asst...DST has ceased producing ST figures, and DC direct still sells ok, but at about 10% of what it used too...

vintage comics at shows, boards, etc, sell the best for us... the stores (we have a warehouse store in Lynn Haven and a full retail store in Panama City) are really more for fun, but I have no illusion I will make any money in them

thanks (thumbs u

the stores (we have a warehouse store in Lynn Haven and a full retail store in Panama City) are really more for fun, but I have no illusion I will make any money in them

:o

You got some 'splaining to do here.

they tend to make enough to pay the bills, but I don't see a profit from them...at least not yet (thumbs u

the stores (we have a warehouse store in Lynn Haven and a full retail store in Panama City) are really more for fun, but I have no illusion I will make any money in them

they tend to make enough to pay the bills, but I don't see a profit from them...at least not yet (thumbs u

:cry: I just knew that I should've bought a few more books from you in San Diego...

IMG_0269.jpg

The possibility that you might end up hawking comics under a Florida bridge with a cardboard sign and the words "Will trade funnybooks for Coke Zero" scribbled on it just frightens me! :fear:

:sorry:

:cry: I just knew that I should've bought a few more books from you in San Diego...

IMG_0269.jpg

The possibility that you might end up hawking comics under a Florida bridge with a cardboard sign and the words "Will trade funnybooks for Coke Zero" scribbled on it just frightens me! :fear:

:sorry:

:insane:

Hard to phantom action figures drying up. Wal-mart my have cut into your

sales.

actually, I cut into theirs... I always got figures delivered to my customers doors cheaper than they could buy from walmart, etc (thumbs u

Gator did you sell secondary market beanie babies and pokemon holofoils when they were hot in the late 90's?
absolutely NOT...

my philosophy has pretty much always been only to deal in properties that have a historied following (typically 10 years or more, like SW, ST, Simpsons, DC figures, etc)...

sure, I might have made short term money, but to be in the position I would have needed to be in the 90's (volume wise), surely would have resulted in a HUGE loss...so, glad my philosophical criteria saved me!

Gator ain't about no japanese pocket monsters. ;)

But is Gator about big, giant, city-smashing Japanese monsters?

('cause those things are really cool)

:cloud9:

I do carry Godzilla (thumbs u