• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Is Big Shot Comics #28 supposed to have 64 pages or 68 pages? (Including covers) GCD says 68 pages (16 pages + cover on each side of the staples.) But I've got one with 15 pages + covers on each side of the staples that doesn't seem to have anything missing. (shrug)

I wish we made a deal on that book back in 09 :cry:

Hello, Mr. Gator.

How much will the ComicConnect 9.0 Action #1 sell for?

Great question. The obvious answer is for "the highest bid" lol but if I was being asked to speculate on what that last highest bid might be I would have to say that my less than educated guess is 1.75 mil, that is what I feel it should sell for relative to previous copies. Now that said if two known or unknown bidders deem it worth more (or less) then that is the uncertainty aspect that I (or anyone) have no clue on

Hello, Mr. Gator.

Great question. The obvious answer is for "the highest bid" lol but if I was being asked to speculate on what that last highest bid might be I would have to say that my less than educated guess is 1.75 mil, that is what I feel it should sell for relative to previous copies. Now that said if two known or unknown bidders deem it worth more (or less) then that is the uncertainty aspect that I (or anyone) have no clue on

What is the background of such high end bidders? Wall Street? Hollywood? I've always wondered!

How do you make determinations about ask price for a book when there is very little GPA information to go on and no real source for other market intelligence?
you have to rely on your experience and what you are/were willing to pay for it. Advice from learned friends is also a good start

Hello, Mr. Gator.

What is the background of such high end bidders? Wall Street? Hollywood? I've always wondered!

Yes,yes and a myriad of other backgrounds. Other hobbies, friends of major collectors , new money etc etc

Gator,

What is the greatest Barks book?

ah, to try to narrow to one "single" greatest is nary an impossible task, as each Barks fan will no doubt have their favorite...

for me, as a scrooge mcduck fan, I have to say FC 178...but your milage will vary (thumbs u

Thank you! "Christmas at Bear Mountain" featuring the first appearance of Scrooge is an excellent choice.

I also have a special fondness for Donald Duck 26 "Trick or Treat" and FC 367 "A Christmas for Shacktown"

I am looking for a decent copy of Shacktown to read,

if someone has a spare they want to flip please pm me.

Thanks

_wally

Hi Gator

There are three Tec 27 blues at auction, two 4.0's asking for slightly north of 300K (although I see one now off market) and a 2.5 for 225K. They've been sitting for quite a while. What do you think they will eventually sell for. What multiples of the guide do you think they will fetch. ? As high as the recent high grade sells.

I suggest posting this in the wanted to buy section of the boards and you will have better luck (thumbs u

Unfortunately I have and it has grown dust for the past month even with several bumps.

Anyway I got tired of waiting and just picked up a gold key reprint off of eBay

of shacktown.

I guess my cash is no good around here.

:insane: