• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Back to G.A.tor's exiting eBay . . . the sense I'm getting is that eBay is trying to ween itself from the good old days when they created the myth that they started the site as a venue to sell PEZ dispensers.

As a former employee of HP before and during its implosion after the Compaq merger, eBay's board of director style of management has similar hubris dictating the direction the company is going.

That has been exemplified by HP's appointing Meg Whitman as their Chairman.

What do I mean? HP and eBay are ran by very powerful people with super-large egos that really do not understand what their customers want. If they did, they would have a more dynamic Apple style approach to evolving the site.

Back to my question (staying on topic) . . . I'm assuming the shipping fee charge was more than your margins could absorb. Hence, you left the eBay store. Have you moved that business to another portal? Google? Or simple discontinue selling those products on-line?

Amazon marketplace has been the place to sell comic book trade paperbacks for the last few years. Just about all disposable media sells much better on Amazon marketplace. Common comic books are a tough sell,especially 1981 to 1995 kind. You can make more money selling common books than common comic books. I don`t think though golden age comics books would sell well on Amazon. That`s a tough one. Your probally better off with conventions,Heritage,Comic Connect,Comiclink and here to sell your wares.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I am wondering if you know who owns any/all of the early Mile High Jungle and Jumbo books.
I believe a fellow boardie owns the first 8 mile high jumbos. And the 9's been for sale every so often. I believe Verzyl has a few mh jungles but as far as majority I don't know

Do you know any stories behind how and who scored big when the mile highs were sold?

Also, Iron Man #1 in 9.4, investment prospects?

the mile high purchases are pretty much "common" knowledge...rather than rehash here, just do a seach via the boards search function...many great stories detailed (thumbs u

my guess is that the value of IM in 9.4 will only diminish over time, due to the potential for an ever increasing supply, relative to a pretty stable demand...

Is there any way we can see what comics you have for sale? (website,etc)
unfortunately I have not ever pursued that next level...I pretty much just accumulate comics and then set up at shows, and occasionally post some sales threads here...as the mood strikes me lol

one of these days, if I ever take the vintage business to the next level, I will post to our website, but I have just not been motivated to do so yet...

I am, however, working on a complete list of what I have (inv) that I can pm folks if they so desire...won't be done till after new year, but that will at least be a starting place

I am wondering if you know who owns any/all of the early Mile High Jungle and Jumbo books.

Group2.jpg

You know, I've never even seen an intact copy of any one of the eight books. Best I've ever seen were two covers that Graham Cracker Comics had in Chicago one time.

Group2.jpg

You know, I've never even seen an intact copy of any one of the eight books. Best I've ever seen were two covers that Graham Cracker Comics had in Chicago one time.

Now u can say you've seen the MH hehe

Group2.jpg

..plus a motley crew of malcontents and ne'er do wells!

Group2.jpg

The size of the Jumbos makes the six of us look like Lilliputions. lol

Group2.jpg

The size of the Jumbos makes the six of us look like Lilliputions. lol

Like cheetah I've never seen one in the flesh - are they bedsheet sized, or another set of dimensions unique to them?