• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hi Rick,

A Batman 1 (1.0) and Tec 37 (1.0) just showed up on Clink. Looks like from the same seller

Given my belief that you know most everything and most everyone, any idea if the seller's a bordie, and, if so, who it might be?

Also, is it in bad taste to ask such a question? (I mean, you could argue that if they'd wanted to sell on the boards they'd have listed on the boards first.)

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by Dr Carl

Centaurs vs. Fiction House?

How are the markets for them now and the future?

thanks in advance.

I personally prefer centaurs... For their rich history and incredible line up of artists and writers. That said my guess is fiction house is more desirable to the avg collector. Future market for both will be weaker compared to dc etc but I think there are more fh collectors now

Gator, I recently to my surprise found a Tec #4. Unfortantely it's coverless. but complete, with nice page quality. Having this book in any form is awesome. How shall I proceed. FYI - I own it. Asking if i should slab, enjoy as is, find a repo cover, etc.

Detective #4 Coverless

Edited by cgriffith

Rick,

I'm starting to wonder about the investment potential of WW.

I'm starting to slowly move toward balancing my portfolio with an investment in comics, with an eye on GA Pre-Robin Tecs and early Actions. I don't suspect that will change, and...

And I wondered about WonderWoman... All-Star 8 and Sensation 1 to be exact. (Not the 8.5 at $175K!!!)

Thumbs up as books with room to grow? Sure seems that way to me...

Mister G.A.tor

Why is All Winners #7 in high demand? Looking at the census it does not appear rare, relative to other Timelys, and yet it goes for multiples of guide.

Thoughts?

Mister G.A.tor

Why is All Winners #7 in high demand? Looking at the census it does not appear rare, relative to other Timelys, and yet it goes for multiples of guide.

Thoughts?

all of the all winners from 6-12 are in demand due to their wonderful covers and stories...pretty much all 7 issues go for multiples of guide...nothing any more special about 7 than , say, 12...just more demand than supply (thumbs u

Mister G.A.tor

Thoughts?

all of the all winners from 6-12 are in demand due to their wonderful covers and stories...pretty much all 7 issues go for multiples of guide...nothing any more special about 7 than , say, 12...just more demand than supply (thumbs u

Got it. Thanks!

Gator, I recently to my surprise found a Tec #4. Unfortantely it's coverless. but complete, with nice page quality. Having this book in any form is awesome. How shall I proceed. FYI - I own it. Asking if i should slab, enjoy as is, find a repo cover, etc.

Detective #4 Coverless

Gator I'm pretty interested on your thoughts on this as well. I have a coverless TEC #29 with a repro cover and I know some people prefer to keep things like that coverless. Does it make a difference, in your opinion, as far as FMV goes, with having a coverless GA key spruced up with a cover copy rather than left alone?

I was wondering if a book has a dust shadow on the back does it kill the prices on that book? The book looks structurally 9.2-9.4 but has this dust shadow on the back giving it a 9.0: Its a GA pretty high dollar book:

lf-1.jpg

dust shadows valuation differs from person to person...I personally dislike dust shadows and I view the book as "less" regardless of the numerical grade... so I would rather have a 9.0 with no dust shadow than a 9.2/9.4 with (the ole "buy the book not the grade")...

so for me, yes, it kills the price (IMO)...but there are some that chase the number and will not be detered by the dust shadown

Detective #4 Coverless

sorry I missed this...

coverless copies of really rare books are cool, especially if you like the stories......there is absolutely no reason to slab it (unless you plan to sell)... if you are keeping, and having a repro/copy cover makes you feel better, do it...but you know what the cover looks like, so it shouldn't diminish your enjoyment leaving it just as is (I have a coverless copy of amazing man 26, and I would never slab, or sell, but I had thought about creating a cover for it, just "because" )

Detective #4 Coverless

Gator I'm pretty interested on your thoughts on this as well. I have a coverless TEC #29 with a repro cover and I know some people prefer to keep things like that coverless. Does it make a difference, in your opinion, as far as FMV goes, with having a coverless GA key spruced up with a cover copy rather than left alone?

a repro cover should not affect value at all...the book is "coverless", regardless of what you put it in... that said, I would be just as happy having a repro cover, if for no other reason than to offer protection to the interior wraps (thumbs u

g.a.tor, when did the gator diamondmen last lose a series at home? before this past weekend, i mean.
I can happily say we swept all 3 from now #1 FSU for the first time since 1958...I firmly believe if we stay healthy, we will see the orange and blue in Omaha this year :wishluck:

Dear Gator,

I need your wisdom, around how much will this Tec 168 sell for?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2012may%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F925702&id=925702

If link did not work... its the 8.0 with slight amateur resto. I need it for my collection since its a more affordable price range, thanks!

Dear Gator,

I need your wisdom, around how much will this Tec 168 sell for?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2012may%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F925702&id=925702

If link did not work... its the 8.0 with slight amateur resto. I need it for my collection since its a more affordable price range, thanks!

I hate to say, but I generally refrain from publicly commenting on books I have an interest in (so as not to sway bidding or , naturally, reveal my strategy)... if you are going for it too, I will certainly wish you good luck (thumbs u