• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hey Gator,you seem to be the man to ask I saw that you were interested in my classic Cheslers I posted a week back .I'm interested in learning how many mid to upper grades of the Punch 12 are around I see the milehigh copy and the crowley copy but other than lower grades around which has seem to dry up in the last few years.I would honor your input to this subject.Thanks Comicjack
your copy of Punch 12 is one of the nicest I have seen "in person"... I am aware of the MH copy and I think the crowley is a 8.0, right (shrug) , but I believe yours is the second nicest copy cgc has slabbed, and my guess is there are only a handful of "fine" or better copies out there...I have searched for years for a nice copy, and until you posted yours, I had only seen one other nicer other than 2 peds mentioned (but it has some black color touch)

now, I have seen a fair number of low to mid grade (heck, one boardie alone owns like, what, 4 copies)...I had a couple of low grades (I only have one 3.0 ish copy now I would LOVE to upgrade), and I believe parker sold the 5.0? brittle paged copy back to mcmiles (that one looks much higher, but PQ brings it down)...

very tough book, and even tougher in nice condition... yours is definitely top 5 "known" copies imo

Thanks Gator for the input I'm a long time collector with some good books not quite like what I have seen on the boards.I just had those few Cheslers graded and keep my eyes open for a worthy copy for you.If I don't take them to the casket with me I will contact you first.Thank Comicjack

Thanks Gator for the input I'm a long time collector with some good books not quite like what I have seen on the boards.I just had those few Cheslers graded and keep my eyes open for a worthy copy for you.If I don't take them to the casket with me I will contact you first.Thank Comicjack
much thanks! it is one of my favorite books!

Gator what are some of your favorite "cool cover" esoteric books that also has an awesome interior?
my non super hero "cool cover" and good guts books are ones like

pep 34

zip 22 (and several other zips are good)

love CDNP 22 and 23

there are others, but I need to pull my box out first to remember what they are lol

pep 34

love CDNP 22 and 23

there are others, but I need to pull my box out first to remember what they are lol

Zips are awful,you must be thinking of World's Finest.

pep 34

love CDNP 22 and 23

um yeah, what he said...stay AWAY from zips...they "are" awful (how's that ;) )

pep 34

love CDNP 22 and 23

hm I'm not in Denmark, but something doesn't smell quite right.

Someday, m'thinks Inspector Merryweather may have to investigate that title, ...and Pep 34. smiley-char156.gif

Gator what are some of your favorite "cool cover" esoteric books that also has an awesome interior?

pep 34

love CDNP 22 and 23

You and Betty White.

pep 34

love CDNP 22 and 23

Someday, m'thinks Inspector Merryweather may have to investigate that title, ...and Pep 34. smiley-char156.gif

Nah - Zips are among the most overrated covers if you ask me! Anyone who spends oodles on those is in danger of becoming a laughing stock - in Denmark!

I hear GAtor is considering opening a funeral parlour next door to his comic shop...

I hear GAtor is considering opening a funeral parlour next door to his comic shop...

:o

:o

Morbid, I know, and not really that funny - sorry, couldnt resist. It does, however lead me to wonder...

I mean, we all joke about it, but has anyone ever actually been buried with their collection?

Hey Gator,

Was H.G. Peters so obsessed about Wonder Woman Bondage because of an overly dominant mother? I'm thinking Bates here. Are his absolutely insane scripts and often disturbing scripts a factor in the low interest in sensation,WW (or perhaps what will trigger a larger interest in them). I mean he wrote some seriously bizarre stuff in Sensation.

pep 34

love CDNP 22 and 23

Nah - Zips are among the most overrated covers if you ask me! Anyone who spends oodles on those is in danger of becoming a laughing stock - in Denmark!

Only Swedes are a laughing stock in Denmark

Hey Gator,

Was H.G. Peters so obsessed about Wonder Woman Bondage because of an overly dominant mother? I'm thinking Bates here. Are his absolutely insane scripts and often disturbing scripts a factor in the low interest in sensation,WW (or perhaps what will trigger a larger interest in them). I mean he wrote some seriously bizarre stuff in Sensation.

I think he was like parker, just wired that way (thumbs u