• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Also:

What are you best sellers from sa/ga/ba?

Cheers

Jake

I specialize in ga and sa keys. Only ba i really buy or sell are books like hulk 181, xmen 94.

I typically only buy sa keys to resell (af15,hulk 1 etc)

Ga my best sellers have been books I like and keyed in on... Superman 14, batman47, action 23, mmc40/46, cap46 etc

Gator, your GA best sellers list is pretty much a shopping list of books I've bought from you - I just need an Action 23 to complete the "run".

Also:

What are you best sellers from sa/ga/ba?

Cheers

Jake

I specialize in ga and sa keys. Only ba i really buy or sell are books like hulk 181, xmen 94.

I typically only buy sa keys to resell (af15,hulk 1 etc)

Ga my best sellers have been books I like and keyed in on... Superman 14, batman47, action 23, mmc40/46, cap46 etc

Gator, your GA best sellers list is pretty much a shopping list of books I've bought from you - I just need an Action 23 to complete the "run".

:cloud9:

Rick,

Why are you one of the best guys on the boards, always level headed, willing to go above and beyond to help out a fellow collector? Are you some sort of superhero in disguise?

(thumbs u (worship)

alright G , i will throw in some breadsticks too :)

How do Action #1 and Tec #27 compare grade-for-grade in today's FMV?

How do you expect that to change (if at all) over the next 10 years?

Will Action #1 continue to pull further ahead of Tec #27, will they become closer to equal in value or will Tec #27 over-take Action #1 as the most valuable book in the hobby?

the last time tec 27 was more valuable than action 1 was late 80s I believe (around first batman film). Likely to remain its last time. Both books should continue to experience increased demand relative to known/available supply and value should continue to rise at a slower albeit steady pace

I believe the "supply" of both Action #1's and Tec #27's is about equal, right?

Considering the current popularity of both characters, especially amongst the upcoming generations of collectors (with Batman > Superman) why do you feel Action #1 is likely to stay ahead?

popularity aside the historical significance will keep action 1 as king. There is just more demand for action 1

The gap in popularity between Batman and Superman seems to be pretty significant. Superman is still "iconic" without a doubt, but Batman's popularity continues to soar above and beyond Superman's.

I personally agree with you on this question, I'm just asking follow ups from someone in the know so that I can better substantiate my point of view.

Why will the "historical significance" of Action #1 continue to keep it ahead of Tec #27? Fantastic Four #1 is more significant (for similar reasons) than Amazing Fantasy #15 but eventually, popularity ended up overtaking that and AF #15 is the king for ages to come.

Superman is more popular than the FF, but I don't think the popularity vs. historical significance is that off in this comparison. I'm on board with feeling that Action #1 will stay in the top spot, I'm just looking for more reasons why since there should be a number of good reasons to justify any comic book claiming the be the #1 in our hobby.

The market currently is dictating that action 1 is "king". It is just a more desirable comic than tec 27 to most that have the ability to purchase

Your sa comparison doesn't hold when it comes to the 2 top ga keys. Even the avg collector can afford both a ff1 and an af15 in some grade. I also believe af15 to be more iconic than ff1 and I believe has pretty much always been more valuable and in more demand than ff1 and to me it is more historically significant than ff1

Mass popularity won't dictate demand on action 1 vs tec27. The few that can buy will keep "the" ga key #1 from here on out

The market currently is dictating that action 1 is "king". It is just a more desirable comic than tec 27 to most that have the ability to purchase

Your sa comparison doesn't hold when it comes to the 2 top ga keys. Even the avg collector can afford both a ff1 and an af15 in some grade. I also believe af15 to be more iconic than ff1 and I believe has pretty much always been more valuable and in more demand than ff1 and to me it is more historically significant than ff1

Mass popularity won't dictate demand on action 1 vs tec27. The few that can buy will keep "the" ga key #1 from here on out

I agree with you.

Action Comics #1 has a number of things going for it that Tec #27 doesn't...

*Changed history forever, the first true, notable Superhero.

*True beginning of the DC Universe.

*Contains Superman's origin, Tec #27 has no origin for Batman.

*Came out in 1938, making it older and closer to the heart of the great depression.

*MUCH more iconic cover, it's THE iconic cover.

Superman was more popular than Batman for decades, that could change. The Batman character has been utilized exceptionally well through many forms of media since 1989, Superman has not been utilized nearly as well, often times mis-utilized to the point where it has soiled the perception of how great the character is.

Superman has room to grow, a lot of room -- where as Batman has pretty much reached his peak.

not a d.c. guy, and i like bats more than supes, but would choose an action 1 over the 'tec w/o even thinking about it.
yeah but you are kind of smart :baiting:

I have a particular bias to Batman, but I would probably go for an Action 1 ahead of a Detective 27 myself.

not a d.c. guy, and i like bats more than supes, but would choose an action 1 over the 'tec w/o even thinking about it.

I have a particular bias to Batman, but I would probably go for an Action 1 ahead of a Detective 27 myself.

A lot of people keep saying that, I certainly have my reasons for agreeing.

I'm just curious, "why" all of you would pick Action #1?

Because it is the most important comic book ever published.

+1

Thought that was my slogan for Action #1 Bill. :baiting:

If I won the lottery Tec 27 would become the most expensive comic book. :acclaim:

I like Batman more, but given the choice I too would pick Action #1.

Agreed.

A lot of people seem to be leaning that way.

I'm going to share, in greater detail than I have thus far, why I would easily select Action #1 over Tec #27 in the Action #1 Club thread. Just need to draft up all the details. (thumbs u