• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frustration.

19 posts in this topic

I've been waiting 2 weeks since paying my bid on ebay for some comics to arrive. I check the tracking info on ebay today to find out that it was shipped to some address in a nearby town, then resent back to the seller. :frustrated:

Sad. Oh well, I re-sent my address (I did this before paying as well) so maybe I'll eventually get these comics! :grin:

I've been waiting 2 weeks since paying my bid on ebay for some comics to arrive. I check the tracking info on ebay today to find out that it was shipped to some address in a nearby town, then resent back to the seller. :frustrated:

Sad. Oh well, I re-sent my address (I did this before paying as well) so maybe I'll eventually get these comics! :grin:

I bought a book that went around the world (well to Australia and back, because that is what the sticker said on the box) before it got back to me. It was a USPS error.

I shipped a book that disappeared for 3 or 4 months and then it arrived like nothing had happened.

I shipped a book, it disappeared for nearly 4 months and then it got returned to me the day before Christmas.

Stuff happens.

Sorry to hear it. At least the seller shipped the book! That a first step in the right direction. Hope they arrive soon.

Years and years ago I bought a book on eBay. 3 weeks went by and no book. I contacted the seller and he wouldn't reply. I filed a complaint through Paypal and the guy never replied to the investigation.

He started having negs pop into his feedback. Everyone was having the same problems with him. He was a fairly new user and didn't have a substantial feedback total.

Finally his account get NARU'd and I get a refund from Paypal.

Almost a year goes by and one day I get a package in the mail. No idea what it was as I hadn't ordered anything. It was that book I bought on eBay. Postmarked a few days earlier. The guy just got around to mailing it I guess. No note. No explanation. Nothing. Just the book.

Years and years ago I bought a book on eBay. 3 weeks went by and no book. I contacted the seller and he wouldn't reply. I filed a complaint through Paypal and the guy never replied to the investigation.

He started having negs pop into his feedback. Everyone was having the same problems with him. He was a fairly new user and didn't have a substantial feedback total.

Almost a year goes by and one day I get a package in the mail. No idea what it was as I hadn't ordered anything. It was that book I bought on eBay. Postmarked a few days earlier. The guy just got around to mailing it I guess. No note. No explanation. Nothing. Just the book.

Wacky story! That must have stunk having to deal with it

Did you send the guy back the money you were refunded when you got the book? hm

(not saying you should have or not...just curious)....

Wacky story! That must have stunk having to deal with it

Did you send the guy back the money you were refunded when you got the book? hm

(not saying you should have or not...just curious)....

I emailed the guy and offered to send money or return the book but he still wouldn't reply to me.

It was one of the more bizarre transactions I ever had on eBay.

Just out of curiosity, how did you pay for these books?

Because if you paid through paypal, I don't see how the seller could have gotten the wrong address (unless the address in your PP account is incorrect as well)? :shrug:

Just out of curiosity, how did you pay for these books?

Because if you paid through paypal, I don't see how the seller could have gotten the wrong address (unless the address in your PP account is incorrect as well)? :shrug:

Yes, I paid through paypal - and I updated my address a few minutes before paying so that is probably the problem.

I dont mind waiting for the books - but I did contact the seller and let them know about the address separate from that. O well, it's fun knowing they are coming!

This isn't exactly on topic, but it just happened today, so I'll share.

I just had a guy open a paypal dispute on me because he said I shipped him an empty package.

I sent him a sandwich of three flattened priority boxes. The middle box was sealed on both ends and then, inside that, was a tyvek envelope with art in it.

He never opened the middle box, so he thought I had ripped him off.

He's since apologized :) (and he has his art, which is the good bit. I originally thought it had been stolen in the mail.)