• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-man #2

12 posts in this topic

I've owned this copy for about 20 years, and it is about to go to CGC to be signed by Stan Lee. Basically everything is visible in the scan, though there are some light NCB wrinkles on the front cover. The back cover has similar chipping. There is a clean 1" spine split at the bottom spine that isn't visible in the scan. Cover and centerfold are attached at both staples. I know what I think it'll grade, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think...

ASM02.jpg

pages (seen through the chipping) look white, the spine looks tight and great (minus the inch split), cover (ignoring the chipping) looks beautiful. wonder how much the chipping is gonna cost you...

I like it.

I'm wondering the same thing about the chipping. I was quite surprised (pleasantly) with the PQ when I flipped through the book. I'm not banking on white pages, but think I have a good shot at OW/W. There is some light spine stress that may not be showing up well when you see the scan, but it isn't brutally color breaking stress. I'm really curious to see where it comes back.

Can you scan the back? It's hard to give a grade without it

I could, and probably should have originally, but now it is packed up for Stan and it would be a real hassle to get it back out to do the bc. The grades you guys have been giving me have been right in line with my own 2.5-3.0 estimate, and I'll post the results when I get them.