• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New MH pricing

28 posts in this topic

Anyone notice Chuck has lowered his prices across the board, including the much discussed Dallas Stephens books? Some of the CGC books are actually decently priced, and with the right sale going on... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't worry.

He raises the prices before he puts on a sale.

Usually things cost more when he's running a special than they did at the normal everyday low price.

gossip.gif

Some of his prices on his Ebay auctions are pretty good, and I'm actually high bidder on some with reserve met! 893whatthe.gif

Really? I've clicked on a ton of his auctions recently and just passed them by assuming that the prices would be beyond what I would want to pay.

I did buy one book from them that was a "Reserve not Met" auction and felt that I got a reasonable price. And the shipping charge was below normal.

So I have definitely started looking at more of their books.

I'm halfway through redoing the list I compiled in November. While there are definitely a few books that have seen dramatic reductions in price, what's more amazing are the INCREDIBLE, MIND NUMBING INCREASES. One example-

FF#1 Apparent VF-

OS Guide (8.0): $20,675

Unrestored 7.5 GPA: $8816

Old MH Price: $31968

New MH Price:

$46500

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I'm halfway through redoing the list I compiled in November. While there are definitely a few books that have seen dramatic reductions in price, what's more amazing are the INCREDIBLE, MIND NUMBING INCREASES. One example-

FF#1 Apparent VF-

OS Guide (8.0): $20,675

Unrestored 7.5 GPA: $8816

Old MH Price: $31968

New MH Price:

$46500

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Me thinks Chuck has taken the delta in the discounts and added them to the increased cost in others.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can't wait to read the finished list, Rob.

Oh yeah, OS guide for an unrestored 8.0 is $9350, not $20,000. Which means that an unrestored 7.5 would be about $6500 - $7000.

Yeah, I goofed and used the VF/NM price. I don't adjust since there's no sure-fire way to adjust for tweener grades, so I'll just list the $9350.

A ton of people have seen that same data since November and no one else has caught that error. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Hmmmm.....the Dallas Srtephens collection must be moving like hotcakes to justify the near 2.5x increase in price on the BB #28 in VG. I know it's a major key, but come on! 893frustrated.gif

Oh well. At least he dropped the prices on the Wolverine Limited Series. confused-smiley-013.gifgrin.gif

THIS is why the "Mile High Collection" (aka the Edgar Church Pedigree) took years and years to sell. But unlike that collection, you're not going to look back in five years and say "gee, I wish less of those books had sold."