• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New MH pricing

28 posts in this topic

Bravo!

The two things I immediately noticed from the data and scans: the F.F. 1 CGC 8.0 Slight (A) is priced at 20 times the GPA Average, and that Green Lantern 76 is a Good. And no better.

And as for the price on the Kitty Pride and Wolverine 6.................

I'm halfway through redoing the list I compiled in November. While there are definitely a few books that have seen dramatic reductions in price, what's more amazing are the INCREDIBLE, MIND NUMBING INCREASES. One example-

FF#1 Apparent VF-

OS Guide (8.0): $20,675

Unrestored 7.5 GPA: $8816

Old MH Price: $31968

New MH Price:

$46500

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Me thinks Chuck has taken the delta in the discounts and added them to the increased cost in others.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can't wait to read the finished list, Rob.

so what we have here is a "legendary dealer" selling a restored FF#1 for 5x's the unrestored guide value???

what is this - the new math???

i thought you were supposed to DIVIDE the guide price by 5 for a comparable unrestored book, not MULTIPLY it by 5.

so if my UNRESTORED FF#1 comes back as a 7.5, I'm RICH?!?!?!? cloud9.gif

No, if your FF#1 comes back any higher than Fine, I am going to fly to New Jersey and steal all your stuff. devil.gif

I'm halfway through redoing the list I compiled in November. While there are definitely a few books that have seen dramatic reductions in price, what's more amazing are the INCREDIBLE, MIND NUMBING INCREASES. One example-

FF#1 Apparent VF-

OS Guide (8.0): $20,675

Unrestored 7.5 GPA: $8816

Old MH Price: $31968

New MH Price:

$46500

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Me thinks Chuck has taken the delta in the discounts and added them to the increased cost in others.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can't wait to read the finished list, Rob.

so what we have here is a "legendary dealer" selling a restored FF#1 for 5x's the unrestored guide value???

what is this - the new math???

i thought you were supposed to DIVIDE the guide price by 5 for a comparable unrestored book, not MULTIPLY it by 5.

so if my UNRESTORED FF#1 comes back as a 7.5, I'm RICH?!?!?!? cloud9.gif