• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Grail groupshot

101 posts in this topic

Holy Cow, Jon. There must $15 or $20 worth of books there :o

Absolutely correct! It was a "Church" purchase valuation.

Where's the Spawn # 1? No collection is complete without it! :baiting:

I think that book is on the lawn chair group shot

we used to have a much "grander" bed group shot from 2006 or 2007...but whomever had it loaded into photobucket, it is unfortunately gone, and I don't think I ever saved it

Several requests for an Action1/Tec27 groupshot ...... I figured I'd take this group shot instead before I lock them away for the winter, and see what other Grail groupshots I can draw out from other Boardies

PA130002.jpg

Interesting that this amazing lineup is nothing but PLODs except for the AF 15 book hm

For me it is a signal that among GA collectors restored is no longer a problem (due to the scarcity of the books being hunted). But among SA collectors restored are shunned. This also explains why the AF15 is universal. (Even though I personally love AF15 plods!! :banana:).

And I cant help thinking, that should PLODs at some point in time go up pricewise, - man you have put yourself up for an influx of insane amounts of cash ... lol

quite honestly, restored GA keys have never been a problem to collectors...they have always been marketable and even more so in today's cgc world of stratosphere reaching unrestored priced Keys...

SA restored keys have been a problem with most collectors because 1)availability (why buy restored when many times, unrestored is easy to locate) and 2)price...until recently (last 5+ years) even higher grade unrestored SA keys were reachable by most...

my guess is, as SA keys reach the GA key price level, restored SA keys will become much more accepted...

but GA keys restored have pretty much always been accepted, from what I have experienced

I agree Gator. The prices have been fairly volatile over the years.

Take More Fun 52 for example. It was not uncommon to see that book, restored, sell in the early to mid 90s for $20,000. Late 90s to early 2000s, half that was not uncommon.

Now some of those key books are on the uptick again. I hate that.

Here is my, non-scientific, list of restored GA keys that should always be around five grand. Nothing to support this, it is just how it should be. (So us poor guys can have a shot at them)

$5000 - $7500

More Fun 52

Adventure 40

Whiz 2 (1)

Flash #1

All-American #16

Less than five grand:

Green Lantern #1

All-Flash #1

Submariner #1

Human Torch 2 (1)

Wonder Woman #1

Sensation #1

All-Star #3

All-Star #8

we used to have a much "grander" bed group shot from 2006 or 2007...but whomever had it loaded into photobucket, it is unfortunately gone, and I don't think I ever saved it

Is this the shot you are referring to?

These books were assembled at my house for a PonsCon, three years ago. Books were Bedrock's, Gator's, Billy Parker's, mine, Russ's and Matt's

bedofcomics.jpg