• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

Is it a big deal for people if the comment is left off?

I could see a notation for something important that is contained within the pages of the book, such as "ad page for Superman #1" that you couldn't see or otherwise know about unless you crack the slab. However in this case I agree it is no big deal. Just by looking at the cover it screams classic decapitation cover. It almost seems redundant to put it on the label too. (shrug)

Edit to also say that I do realize that it is also a marketing ploy used for resale to the uninitiated...

Edited by Jayman

Doesn't bother me that much because I never plan to re-sell.

I just thought it was odd because in the same submission, I had Tales of Terror Annuals 2 and 3, and they had comments such as bondage cover, skull cover, etc, and the CSS 22 was blank..

I guess given that all books are graded independently, one person might be more thorough than another at any point in the process....

Doesn't bother me that much because I never plan to re-sell.

I just thought it was odd because in the same submission, I had Tales of Terror Annuals 2 and 3, and they had comments such as bondage cover, skull cover, etc, and the CSS 22 was blank..

I guess given that all books are graded independently, one person might be more thorough than another at any point in the process....

What kind of shape is the TOT Annual 2 in? Looking to sell? :devil:

What kind of shape is the TOT Annual 2 in? Looking to sell? :devil:

Sorry, not for sale!! :grin:

I'm hoping it gets me at least a 7.0.

I bought them both from a guy on eBay selling his Dad's EC collection. I think the 3 has a good shot an an 8.0.

He also told me he had Annual 1, and I told him I'd pay good money for it and gave him my cell number but he never called back...It was a situation where he and his brother were selling the collection of and each had so many of the books....that one's impossible!!!! :pullhair:

Whelp, I obviously need more practice with golden age grading.

The #2 just shipped at 5.0, the #3 at 7.5. I think they hammered me with staining on the #2.

And the CSS #22 I bought that Metro graded as a 4.5, is a 3.5.

Such is life...

Whelp, I obviously need more practice with golden age grading.

The #2 just shipped at 5.0, the #3 at 7.5. I think they hammered me with staining on the #2.

And the CSS #22 I bought that Metro graded as a 4.5, is a 3.5.

Such is life...

Sorry to hear that. If you're too disappointed to keep the #2 in your collection just let me know lol

My 6.0 copy hanging out with some industry friends...

805B8AB5-A004-4782-A128-97842B220274_zpsg660b1so.jpg

Batman 1 in a CCS22 thread!!?! :o

Now I've seen it all! VERY nice!

Btw: what's the grade on that Strange Tales 28 you are so nicely hiding towards the back?

(As if you thought no one would notice! (tsk) )