• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first New York Comic Con

18 posts in this topic

So this was not only my first NYCC, but also my first big convention. It was really exciting to finally be able to go even for just sunday. I was a bit overwhelmed by the size of the whole thing. First thing on the agenda was artist alley to get some books signed. I ended up staying there till about 2 :( . I waited (like a lot of people did) for 45 minutes to try to meet John Romita who didn't show. I was also a little dissapointed that I didnt get to meet Irwin Hasen or Jerry Robinson (neither were at their tables. Don't know if either of them were there sunday at all). I did however pick up an original Ramos GL page and got my Batman Beyond signed and remarked by Dustin Nguyen and Ryan Benjamin. I eventually picked up a page out of Batman Beyond #3, but wasn't able to get it signed. Oh well next time.

Onto the shopping side.

There wasnt too much in the way of low grade stuff. Had to dig around to find anything. Maybe it all got sold on friday/saturday and most of it was gone by sunday. As far as the big books went I got

ASM #4

ASM #15

All-Flash #18

Showcase #34 Coverless (Happily only 25 bucks)

Green Lantern #9

Exciting Comics #67

I also got a short stack of SA Green Lanterns, an ASM #96, and a Batman DKR #3.

Overall this was a lot of fun. I kind of wish I had gotten a sketch or two. Also wish I didnt burn about an hour on JRSR. Hopefully next time I will be able to go more than one day. Will try to get some pics of the stuff I got later.

good pick-ups, but please tell me you didn't pay $120 for that ASM 4

Was 90. (shrug)

if you paid $90 for that then you got hosed. a unscrupulous dealer.

The inside/back cover are a lot nicer than the outside. No loose or brittle pages, everything is there, etc. I am glad I was able to pick up a single digit ASM under 100.

good pick-ups, but please tell me you didn't pay $120 for that ASM 4

Was 90. (shrug)

if you paid $90 for that then you got hosed. a unscrupulous dealer.

The inside/back cover are a lot nicer than the outside. No loose or brittle pages, everything is there, etc. I am glad I was able to pick up a single digit ASM under 100.

:applause:

I don't have an opinion to state on $90, just $120 I was hoping you did not pay.

Avalon is right though, when you're dealing with these first few issues of ASM, if they have a cover, etc. it's a lot different % of OPG "good" than a similarly krudoriffic ASM 65 or something.

Was it nicer (within the realm of beat to krap books) than the FF 7 I sold you?

On the other hand, I sold a coverless FF 48 for $35..sure, it was a really nice coverless copy and came with an almost perfect photoreproduction cover, but it was coverless, so maybe $90 for a Spidey 4 WITH a cover is not that much....

I don't have an opinion to state on $90, just $120 I was hoping you did not pay.

Avalon is right though, when you're dealing with these first few issues of ASM, if they have a cover, etc. it's a lot different % of OPG "good" than a similarly krudoriffic ASM 65 or something.

Wow. Can't believe you remembered selling me that. It is leaps and bounds nicer than that one, though that really isnt saying too much.

Wow. Can't believe you remembered selling me that. It is leaps and bounds nicer than that one, though that really isnt saying too much.

Yes, I have a good memory for mundane details, or at least good enough to prompt me to check my old PMs to see if I'm remembering correctly. Plus, you paid in cash, which stuck in my head.