• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally Home, mY NYcc report

91 posts in this topic

Woke up thursday morning, headed down the the Javits...unloaded our Gridwall racks and set them up...

...ahem...

Did you help set up the wall???? Physical labor? :o

Say it ain't so Doc, say it ain't so :wishluck:

My hands got dirty on Thursday. I have witnesses.

:cry:

another icon of mine has fallen.

I just don't know what is true anymore.....

Pressing is not restoration.

Woke up thursday morning, headed down the the Javits...unloaded our Gridwall racks and set them up...

...ahem...

My hands got dirty on Thursday. I have witnesses.

:cry:

another icon of mine has fallen.

I just don't know what is true anymore.....

Pressing is not restoration.

And your hands aren't soft anymore :(

before I sign off tonight, I want to single out a couple of folks from the con ...this is no way diminishes all the other wonderful boardies, but 2 folks made a considerable impression on me...

the first, most already know of...Sharon (skypinkblu)... talk about a wonderful woman (and her husband ned is very cool as well!)... she truly cares...cares about the hobby, cares about the people in the hobby, and litterally does everything and anything she can to make sure us comic geeks are taken care of (from driving us all over carnation, to offering her home, to bringing food, etc, etc, etc)...

my vote for Forumnite of the year is hands down Skypinkblu...

my second "noticable" boardie, whom until this weekend I hadn't really known, but would go out on a very short limb and say we would be great friends if we got together more often, and one whom I would be proud to call a friend is Darwin (dmac538)...from his generosity in offering boardies rides to and from the airport, to making sure folks were "taken" care of in his city, this cat is one cool dude and I am better for having met him (thumbs u

I will make a little boardie recap tomorrow (and hope I don't leave anyone off), but these 2 struck me as "extra" special this con (worship)

Hey Rick it was great meeting you and hanging out after the dinner, too bad the ESPN Zone was closed. I think we annoyed some people in the restaurant with our constantly checking football scores. I was happy to help my SEC board members with rides to the airport. (thumbs u

before I sign off tonight, I want to single out a couple of folks from the con ...this is no way diminishes all the other wonderful boardies, but 2 folks made a considerable impression on me...

the first, most already know of...Sharon (skypinkblu)... talk about a wonderful woman (and her husband ned is very cool as well!)... she truly cares...cares about the hobby, cares about the people in the hobby, and litterally does everything and anything she can to make sure us comic geeks are taken care of (from driving us all over carnation, to offering her home, to bringing food, etc, etc, etc)...

my vote for Forumnite of the year is hands down Skypinkblu...

my second "noticable" boardie, whom until this weekend I hadn't really known, but would go out on a very short limb and say we would be great friends if we got together more often, and one whom I would be proud to call a friend is Darwin (dmac538)...from his generosity in offering boardies rides to and from the airport, to making sure folks were "taken" care of in his city, this cat is one cool dude and I am better for having met him (thumbs u

I will make a little boardie recap tomorrow (and hope I don't leave anyone off), but these 2 struck me as "extra" special this con (worship)

Hey Rick it was great meeting you and hanging out after the dinner, too bad the ESPN Zone was closed. I think we annoyed some people in the restaurant with our constantly checking football scores. I was happy to help my SEC board members with rides to the airport. (thumbs u

Thank you to you and Ghost_Town for the subway ride... and everything else. You guys are top notch. :foryou:

...ahem...

actually Jim was a big help setting up

ok, got a little sleep (still not enough) but figured I would post our little NY con set up

we did a 12 foot gridwall rack, with an 8 foot table of "premium" books under vinyl

this was our first/left 4ft section...I experimented with 2 different set ups, but once word of "thefts" in the building, I changed from this (action 2 top left corner, and while it would be tough for someone to steal, it was likely the only book someone could reach)

nycc2010001.jpg

to this (the least expensive book in the book, and a consigned book anyway, so what did I care if it was stolen, right bennos :baiting: )

nycc2010003.jpg

let's see if I can do a boardie and dealer recap, without forgetting anyone (I am sure I will, as I am old and the memory just isn't what it used to be, so if I do, lmk)

got to the con Thursday morn, only to see darwin (dmac) dropping jim (doc watson) off at the con...

jim accompanied me in and was kind enough to help me set up the gridwall racks (a pita by your self)...

I know joeypost arrived a bit later, and then they were off...

we'll start with the dealers/exhibitors

went around the room and said hi to the dealers that were either just there or were setting up

this room was A+ when it came to dealer representation...equal to or better than SDCC imo (just sans the bunky's)

metro (vin, frank and rob)

motor city (michael and larry)

worldwide (steve and matt)

bedrock (richard and mike)

harely yee

dale roberts

jamie grahmn

terry O'neil

james gallo

jon sKaleedis (sp?) from the UK

paul (silverandbronze)

andy (gacollectibles)

comiclink

heritage

cgc

gary dolgoff

rob rogovin (4color)

gus at silverage

chris foss

bob storms/john seebuger (or something like that)

shelton drum

joe verenault and co

ted VL/superworld

gregreece

al Stolz and jeff weaver

jeff and steve at hotflips (and I think I saw jeff's brother too)

mike c of neatstuff

john verzyl of comic heaven

and I am sure a few others that don't immediately ring to my brain

there were 2 sets of boardies I will mention, and give special recognition to a few ...

there were the "hang out " group (those that I got to see daily and hung around the booth from time to time) and then there was the "pass by and say hi " group

the "hang out" group consisted of :

Imran (t3quilla) whom I need to give a big thanks too...he not only helped me set up each morning, and helped watch the booth for restroom breaks , he sold books, etc, but he also was kind enough to display his wonderful tec 28 in our booth, and provide all the free medical advice we wanted lol

andre and leslie (campued1010, I think, you know whom I mean)...leslie fell asleep a few times, but andre was kind as usual to help us watch the booth and sell some comics!

pat b and jessica (the resurrection and wife)

mike g (comicdonna) and daughter

the following are "honorary" hang out boardies (meaning we saw them all the time, but they rarely stayed for too long lol )

sharon (skypinkblu)

greggy (only when coke zero or food sharon left was around)

rob (ferdlance)

darwin (dmac5xx)

roy d

andy (golddust)

josh e (sardo numspar)

ken detora and susan cicconi (I think they are boardies or should be lol )

and here is the list of boardies I got to see, or meet, or can recall (and I apologize if I screw your board handle up)

point5

piper

macman

taro

tswift

jvr9something or nother (joann)

mrzipper

esquirecomics

bob-a-loo and wife

great escape

foolkiller

dem1138

docwatson

joeypost

szelim

ghost town

fhman

(will add more as I recall)

2 boardies I didn't see that I actually wanted too were

Han and BaltimoreLauren, but I guess I didn't rank up there on their "must see " list :baiting:

Yup, sounds like you got all the important ones.

:baiting:

you are in the honorary hang out.... you are roy d aren't you (shrug)

there were 2 sets of boardies I will mention, and give special recognition to a few ...

there were the "hang out " group (those that I got to see daily and hung around the booth from time to time) and then there was the "pass by and say hi " group

the "hang out" group consisted of :

Imran (t3quilla) whom I need to give a big thanks too...he not only helped me set up each morning, and helped watch the booth for restroom breaks , he sold books, etc, but he also was kind enough to display his wonderful tec 28 in our booth, and provide all the free medical advice we wanted lol

andre and leslie (campued1010, I think, you know whom I mean)...leslie fell asleep a few times, but andre was kind as usual to help us watch the booth and sell some comics!

pat b and jessica (the resurrection and wife)

mike g (comicdonna) and daughter

the following are "honorary" hang out boardies (meaning we saw them all the time, but they rarely stayed for too long lol )

sharon (skypinkblu)

greggy (only when coke zero or food sharon left was around)

rob (ferdlance)

darwin (dmac5xx)

roy d

andy (golddust)

josh e (sardo numspar)

ken detora and susan cicconi (I think they are boardies or should be lol )

and here is the list of boardies I got to see, or meet, or can recall (and I apologize if I screw your board handle up)

point5

piper

macman

taro

tswift

jvr9something or nother (joann)

mrzipper

esquirecomics

bob-a-loo and wife

great escape

foolkiller

dem1138

docwatson

joeypost

szelim

ghost town

(will add more as I recall)

2 boardies I didn't see that I actually wanted too were

Han and BaltimoreLauren, but I guess I didn't rank up there on their "must see " list :baiting:

just for oy r d

Yup, sounds like you got all the important ones.

:baiting:

you are in the honorary hang out.... you are roy d aren't you (shrug)

(thumbs u

Good times, good times!