• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few words about a great forumite.

154 posts in this topic

I know I rarely post anything of a substantial nature around here and that's by design. However, this is going to be one of those times where I'm as serious as I can get.

I have known Joey for about four years now. He is one of my oldest and closest friends I have met through the boards. Hell, he's family at this point. I have trusted him with my time, money, safety, health and personal concerns. We've shared highs and lows. Is he perfect? No, but who is? If he makes a mistake, he makes it right. When I think about all we have experienced together, I can't help but laugh to myself when someone expresses concern over trusting him with their comic books. I'd trust him with my life.

Am I gushing? Yeah, probably. Am I biased? More than likely. Am I right? You bet. I hope Joey's reading this and I hope I make him cry. Hey, I deserve to get something out of this as well. lol

And Gator is upset because he expressed interest in spooning with me and I shot him down.
let's present the facts as I expressed them to you...the order was you, jess, then me :baiting:

Joey is a bed hog.

Are you upset that he didn't cuddle with you?

they referred to it as "spooning" (thumbs u

Who are "they"? And are "they" a couple, or just strangers in the night? hm

Strangers in the night, exchanging mylars,

This one was too tight, but there'll be othahs

Next one was too loose, to hold the books, la-la.....

I know I rarely post anything of a substantial nature around here and that's by design. However, this is going to be one of those times where I'm as serious as I can get.

I have known Joey for about four years now. He is one of my oldest and closest friends I have met through the boards. Hell, he's family at this point. I have trusted him with my time, money, safety, health and personal concerns. We've shared highs and lows. Is he perfect? No, but who is? If he makes a mistake, he makes it right. When I think about all we have experienced together, I can't help but laugh to myself when someone expresses concern over trusting him with their comic books. I'd trust him with my life.

Am I gushing? Yeah, probably. Am I biased? More than likely. Am I right? You bet. I hope Joey's reading this and I hope I make him cry. Hey, I deserve to get something out of this as well. lol

:cry:

What was the reason he was kicked out?

If he's willing to disclose any work done to books that he is selling then he should be fine, so obviously he wasn't kicked out for that...if it's because he offers the service and they feel it creates a conflict of interest then that is not fair at all...if it's because they want him to provide a list of all books and CGC cert #'s of books he presses then THAT is wrong, as it would violate any confidentiality held between himself and his clientele.

Super nice guy, great service.

Not sure of the dynamics behind the decision but I have heard through the grapevine that Marnin had a hissy fit when I went public with my pressing. It was called the "joeypost" rule where I needed to be incorporated, had to disclose on ebay or whatever venue I sold book in. The part I did not agree with was a list of all the books I worked on and customers. NO ONE is ever going to do that.

I cannot remember if I stepped down or was removed first. It is all rather hazy but the end result was the same. The NOD at the time basically kicked out one of the few pro-pressers that actively disclosed.

What was the old expression; "A house divided against itself cannot stand". NOD no longer exists and I see CBCA is making strides in the right direction. Getting rid of Mr. Rosenberg was paramount for any future success. I for one am glad to see they took this step.

:cry:

I was kidding about the crying part. :foryou:

If he's willing to disclose any work done to books that he is selling then he should be fine, so obviously he wasn't kicked out for that...if it's because he offers the service and they feel it creates a conflict of interest then that is not fair at all...if it's because they want him to provide a list of all books and CGC cert #'s of books he presses then THAT is wrong, as it would violate any confidentiality held between himself and his clientele.

Not sure of the dynamics behind the decision but I have heard through the grapevine that Marnin had a hissy fit when I went public with my pressing. It was called the "joeypost" rule where I needed to be incorporated, had to disclose on ebay or whatever venue I sold book in. The part I did not agree with was a list of all the books I worked on and customers. NO ONE is ever going to do that.

I cannot remember if I stepped down or was removed first. It is all rather hazy but the end result was the same. The NOD at the time basically kicked out one of the few pro-pressers that actively disclosed.

What was the old expression; "A house divided against itself cannot stand". NOD no longer exists and I see CBCA is making strides in the right direction. Getting rid of Mr. Rosenberg was paramount for any future success. I for one am glad to see they took this step.

You withdrew from the organization. It was akin to resigning before being fired. I remember the email.

This was actually the first time I spent a substantial time in person with Joey. His driving advice is outstanding "just keep going,they won't hit you!" doh! ...and he missed me going the wrong way on 8th Ave...but it was dark and Gator and Greggy were helping;) :tonofbricks:

In any case, I've had him fix one book, but it was probably the most expensive one in my collection. I trusted him without a receipt and I was not the least bit worried.

A nice man...honest, professional and a real pleasure...and to boot, he actually knows what a cream soda is, and how to make a real egg cream (a soda for those of you from out of town).

Next year we will go to Arthur Ave... :foryou:

I wonder if Marnin disclosed when he pressed books hm

I too have been enlightened by the wisdom of Joey.

Spoke to him many times on the phone and finally met in Toronto in August and had the best conversations... both about comics and then some....

He is definitely a huge asset to the industry and to this board. :golfclap:

You withdrew from the organization. It was akin to resigning before being fired. I remember the email.

Wow. I'd never heard of this side of NOD. Who's bright idea (or was it a committee decision) to give Marnin McCarthyism a revival?

Joey had done some great work on books of mine. He's as elusive as the missing link when your trying to find him at a con though. He moves around at the speed of light and if your lucky you can pry him out of a high grade box and talk to him. All kidding aside though, he is a great guy to talk to and do business with. I look forward to seeing him next year in Chicago again.

DR.X