• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few words about a great forumite.

154 posts in this topic

If you have never met or chatted with Joeypost, you have missed out. I have had many conversations with Joey over my time here, asked many questions and always received answers. He seems to have a wealth of knowledge that is rarely tapped into here.

The point of this thread is this. Ethics.. Joey runs CFP comics. A pressing service, which is his business. I have used him a few times, and always pleased with the results. But the main point is the man running it. Joey has disclosed pressing longer than I have known what it is. He was a member of the NOD, and a big influence on me when I first joined them. Unfortunately, while I was on my honey moon he was kicked out. The reasoning behind this never has, and never will sit well with me. Joey has always been honest, and for me to make a long winded post about ANY individual should speak volumes.

My last submission to Joey blew my mind! I subbed 4 books. 2 slabs, and 2 raw. The 2 raw books looked amazing, and I mean he really worked miracles here. But he returned a slab to me??? He explained that he did not think it would be wise to crack the book out, and that it should be left as is. Honesty.. Not great for a business model if greed is king, but great for customer service. I can say with complete faith I will be using Joey for years to come.

So a big thank you to Joeypost! One of the true straight shooters here. It is appreciated :applause:

I had the pleasure of meeting Joe during his visit to Toronto (FanExpo). I agree, he is without a doubt a great source of knowledge. But he's also a great person to talk with on all subjects, and not comics only. I did not know about the situation with NOD, nor do I want to reopen the issue, but Joe is not the kind of person that strikes me as a misfit in what was NOD's mission.

I'll second that. I've only met Joey once. (At B'more last year.) But he's about as honest and engaging an individual as you could ever hope to meet. And the miracle he performed on a Batman 9 I bought that had an atrocious spine-roll will go down in the annals of pressing history. Never understood why a guy that OPENLY DISCLOSES still takes hits on the forum, but the guy just takes it and goes about his business. Good guy and an asset to the boards. (thumbs u

What was the reason he was kicked out?

If he's willing to disclose any work done to books that he is selling then he should be fine, so obviously he wasn't kicked out for that...if it's because he offers the service and they feel it creates a conflict of interest then that is not fair at all...if it's because they want him to provide a list of all books and CGC cert #'s of books he presses then THAT is wrong, as it would violate any confidentiality held between himself and his clientele.

Super nice guy, great service.

I've never had a book pressed, but Joey will be the first person I ask when I get around to it(I have a Bat 37 with a spine roll; I wouldn't mind getting that fixed one of these days).

Joey is a bed hog.

Are you upset that he didn't cuddle with you?

they referred to it as "spooning" (thumbs u

Who are "they"? And are "they" a couple, or just strangers in the night? hm

What was the reason he was kicked out?

If he's willing to disclose any work done to books that he is selling then he should be fine, so obviously he wasn't kicked out for that...if it's because he offers the service and they feel it creates a conflict of interest then that is not fair at all...if it's because they want him to provide a list of all books and CGC cert #'s of books he presses then THAT is wrong, as it would violate any confidentiality held between himself and his clientele.

Super nice guy, great service.

I dont remember HOW it was done. But it was Bull :censored: part of the reason why the CBCA addressed this when creating its bylaws.