• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do We Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure In The Marketplace?

How To Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How To Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure

513 posts in this topic

It's got nothing to do with any company, but everything to do with how I feel a community should hang together.

The whole question came about because I exchanged very civil, very informative, very productive PMs with four 'pressers' and 'pro-pressers' last week. We discussed how things are playing out, they had concerns, I had concerns, I brought the concerns to the boards.

Sounds a lot like the way my old GPA thread was brought about...in the community's best interests, built upon talks and the opinions of many people....and then I got steam rolled.

lol

It still hurts when I think about it. :eek:

How about those who care ask, those who do not don't ask.

Why would we want it to be simple when we can FUBAR the whole situation? We should be our own government.

Well, some people think we need governance. Thank God they're looking out for my best interests because I'm incompetent and can't make decisions on my own.

You, complete me.

Why would we want it to be simple when we can FUBAR the whole situation? We should be our own government.

A seller shouldn't have to tell, because that would be FUBAR?

A buyer needs to ask, because that's the only way that the values of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is upheld?

Me.

Well, some people think we need governance. Thank God they're looking out for my best interests because I'm incompetent and can't make decisions on my own.

I can't think of any situation that governance can help, it's not like the medical profession can benefit from governance

My point in this whole FUBAR mess, is if ARCH does not add it to the Market Place rules then this is a waist of time! If its added to the rules I will go along with the rules if not TOUGH, SORRY and for the record I am not pro presser or anti presser.

A buyer needs to ask, because that's the only way that the values of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is upheld?

Me.

Thats the anti presser in you speaking. You can't think objectively

how I feel a community should hang together.

So who voted you king dork, protector of the pocketbook of the innocent masses?

Now that you've admitted it has nothing to do with anyone but you, you can stop treating everyone like we're all dumbasses. It's getting old quickly.

I can't think of any situation that governance can help, it's not like the medical profession can benefit from governance

Are you comparing pressing to practicing medicine? I'm not sure what relevance that has.

Me.

Panties. Tight. Can't. Breathe. :P

You are overreacting. Where and when did I ever say that a seller shouldn't have to tell?

You know, if you weren't so overbearing on the issue, the idea might go down a little smoother. What you see as being passionate comes off as being militant or holier than thou. You are taking liberties with information and drawing conclusions that not everyone agrees with based on the context in which it was gathered.

I'm not putting you down and I'm not arguing with you for the sake of an argument. You know that, in essence, we do not disagree with one another. Give thought, for a moment, that it isn't your message, but the delivery. I'm not against you.

Now that you've admitted it has nothing to do with anyone but you, you can stop treating everyone like we're all dumbasses. It's getting old quickly.

It's not just him dinkus. I want proactive disclosure too. So do a lot of boardies according to the poll.

I seriously don't get it. Really.

I had discussions with a number of people...on the other side of the debate, even...and decided to raise the issue for discussion and threw a poll in there.

How in god's name do you conclude that it's therefore about me, and me only, and that I'm treating you like a ?

Honestly, I really don't understand what you're getting at? ???

I had discussions with a number of people...on the other side of the debate, even...and decided to raise the issue for discussion and threw a poll in there.

How in god's name do you conclude that it's therefore about me, and me only, and that I'm treating you like a ?

Sounds a lot like the way my old GPA thread was brought about...in the community's best interests, built upon talks and the opinions of many people....and then I got steam rolled.

lol

:eyeroll:

Nick. That is exactly how I felt. I thought I had a decent idea that would appeal to almost everyone, opened it for debate and then proceeded to get trashed.

That's why politicians hire PR people.

Because crowds reaction differently than just a one on one conversation with a few people.

Are you comparing pressing to practicing medicine? I'm not sure what relevance that has.

Just trying to say that governance is not a bad thing, can be beneficial if applied correctly, and mandating proactive disclosure is hardly the evil that it seems to be claimed by some.

lol

:eyeroll:

Nick. That is exactly how I felt. I thought I had a decent idea that would appeal to almost everyone, opened it for debate and then proceeded to get trashed.

That's why politicians hire PR people.

Because crowds reaction differently than just a one on one conversation with a few people.

But Roy, the GPA thing was a lousy idea :baiting:

Bur Roy, the GPA thing was a lousy idea :baiting:

I think it was a great idea. Actually there were several that I thought were great and there was room to grow in the discussion.

The point is that instead the debate turned personal, and the discussion veered off course.

The discussion ended in personal opinions being made about me and my motives when all I wanted to do was have a discussion about the idea.

That seems to be happening here as well.

It's not just him dinkus. I want proactive disclosure too. So do a lot of boardies according to the poll.

What was being sold in thread A, is not the same turd being sold in thread B.

Don't carry what people in the other thread wanted over to this one because it's different. It's not the same.

belong3.gif

odd_one_out_01.jpg

Why can you guys not understand this and continue to spin it like we're just seeing mess?

Just trying to say that governance is not a bad thing, can be beneficial if applied correctly, and mandating proactive disclosure is hardly the evil that it seems to be claimed by some.

Unfortunately, pressing is the abortion-debate of this forum. Dogmatic positions on both extremes with a mass in the middle that would like to move on and talk about comic books.

Come on, man, formal lists aren't really necessary, are they? I mean, you can tell from the first two or three posts in essentially any sales thread whether the seller is proactive or not at disclosing pressing.

Using the "discussion" thread to voice opinions about the grading skills and disclosure tactics of sellers seems to be a good way to go. Indeed, one board seller has already changed his stance on proactive disclosure after coming under discussion in the "discussion" thread. How about we leave it for there?