• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do We Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure In The Marketplace?

How To Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How To Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure

513 posts in this topic

how I feel a community should hang together.

So who voted you king dork, protector of the pocketbook of the innocent masses?

Now that you've admitted it has nothing to do with anyone but you, you can stop treating everyone like we're all dumbasses. It's getting old quickly.

It's not just him dinkus. I want proactive disclosure too. So do a lot of boardies according to the poll.

What was being sold in thread A, is not the same turd being sold in thread B.

Don't carry what people in the other thread wanted over to this one because it's different. It's not the same.

Why can you guys not understand this and continue to spin it like we're just seeing mess?

Given the attack you've just launched, I've got no clue why I'm doing this, but...

By an overwhelming majority, the board voted that they expected pro-active disclosure in the Marketplace. This was the question...'So that begs the question...given that we are supposedly a community and given that we are all fully aware of the 'issue' and given that a PM exchange asking 'the question' can cost you a chance at a book, should pro-active disclosure be expected...maybe even demanded...in the Marketplace?'

Given the results, how would you have played it? What would have been the way forward?

odd_one_out_01.jpg

5 2 4 1 3

Probably, yes.

As per urbandictionary:

Grenade

The solitary ugly girl always found with a group of hotties. If the grenade doesn't get any action, then neither does anyone else.

"DBC" = Dime By Comparison - A girl, who under normal circumstances, would be classified as ugly; but due to uglier girls in the surrounding area, she is promoted to a DBC (dime by comparison). Typically occurs at a lot of work places or school.

Kyle: Man the new girl is sooo ugly

Rick: No way Brose, there are so many uglier girls here. She is definitely a DBC .

Kyle: Definitely!

How about those who care ask, those who do not don't ask.

Why would we want it to be simple when we can FUBAR the whole situation? We should be our own government.

Well, some people think we need governance. Thank God they're looking out for my best interests because I'm incompetent and can't make decisions on my own.

I can't think of any situation that governance can help, it's not like the medical profession can benefit from governance

Are you comparing pressing to practicing medicine? I'm not sure what relevance that has.

Just trying to say that governance is not a bad thing, can be beneficial if applied correctly, and mandating proactive disclosure is hardly the evil that it seems to be claimed by some.

Well then if we're just making random comparisons, then let's look at how well governance worked in Russia in the 1920s & 1930s, Germany in the 1930-40s, Spain, France, Italy, etc.

I can make bad comparisons too.

Now that you've admitted it has nothing to do with anyone but you, you can stop treating everyone like we're all dumbasses. It's getting old quickly.

It's not just him dinkus. I want proactive disclosure too. So do a lot of boardies according to the poll.

Don't carry what people in the other thread wanted over to this one because it's different. It's not the same.

Why can you guys not understand this and continue to spin it like we're just seeing mess?

Given the attack you've just launched, I've got no clue why I'm doing this, but...

By an overwhelming majority, the board voted that they expected pro-active disclosure in the Marketplace. This was the question...'So that begs the question...given that we are supposedly a community and given that we are all fully aware of the 'issue' and given that a PM exchange asking 'the question' can cost you a chance at a book, should pro-active disclosure be expected...maybe even demanded...in the Marketplace?'

Given the results, how would you have played it? What would have been the way forward?

That was not the question... that was in your intro discussion...

The question polled was:

"Should Marketplace sellers be expected to pro-actively disclose pressing in their threads?"

That's the question I answered.

Why would we want it to be simple when we can FUBAR the whole situation? We should be our own government.

Well, some people think we need governance. Thank God they're looking out for my best interests because I'm incompetent and can't make decisions on my own.

I can't think of any situation that governance can help, it's not like the medical profession can benefit from governance

Are you comparing pressing to practicing medicine? I'm not sure what relevance that has.

Just trying to say that governance is not a bad thing, can be beneficial if applied correctly, and mandating proactive disclosure is hardly the evil that it seems to be claimed by some.

Well then if we're just making random comparisons, then let's look at how well governance worked in Russia in the 1920s & 1930s, Germany in the 1930-40s, Spain, France, Italy, etc.

You certainly can - France?

That was not the question... that was in your intro discussion...

The question polled was:

"Should Marketplace sellers be expected to pro-actively disclose pressing in their threads?"

That's the question I answered.

+1

I can too; Brittany and Kevin, Bobby and Whitney, Marinne Faithful and anybody.

Ever hear of the French revolution? Happened in a place called Europe.

Wouldn't the French revolution be an example of LACK of governance? The ensuing chaos was so bad that they ended up going back to a totalitarian regime.

better question if only 1-200 people voted out of how meny are on the bordes how can you say it's an "overwhelming majority"

if there's 1k people or even 5-600 then the majority didn't even vote or complety ignored your poll

i for 1 do not read or vote the polls, i look at the new posts and if the title seems interesing or catches my eye then i read

imo if someone can't ask for themselves then it's their problem if they buy the book and somehow by magic or other means find it was pressed

hell i have books that were bent and just by being in the box with the pressue of the other books being there it went flat (i pack my long boxes as full as possible + kept them in the atic for years in heat and cold), should i count that as pressing???

You might want to read a few books about it - it's called learning.