• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do We Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure In The Marketplace?

How To Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How To Achieve Pro-Active Disclosure

513 posts in this topic

In response to the cbca kool aid drinkers.... I helped create the org. And I press books, as do 2 other board of directors-founders. But thanks Dale, pretend the cca and NOD are the same. They arent..

Dale, Just to back Pat up here, I also helped create the organzation, I am an officer and former president. I have had books pressed and will continue to have books pressed. I have no problem with pressing.

CBCA is not NOD - it really isn't. With one or two exceptions, most of the people that you probably associate with NOD and antipressing are no longer associated with the CBCA (at least not actively). The opinions on pressing are probably just as diverse among CBCA members as they are here. In fact there is far more discussion of pressing here than on the CBCA boards. As about half the membership joined from outside these boards, I suspect that many of the newest members know very little if anything about pressing. To be honest, CBCA seems to be evolving into more of social organization than anything else. (shrug)

That is very good to hear.

To further expound on this, I have little knowledge of the goings on of the CBCA. When the organization first formed, I was fairly excited and actually filled out an application and I believe I would have been a member (based on conversations with Mike). However, very quickly several former NOD members became very vocal about the direction and goals of the organization and I withdrew my application.

Glad to hear that new membership has taken over and I very sincerely hope you have the hobby's best interests at heart and I will keep an open mind (and a closed mouth) about your activities until I know more about it.

I do know that any organization of which Ricky Evans is a member can't be that bad. I hope to be just like him when I grow up.....well except for that one bad habit.

If you ever do decide to give us your support at any level, you would be very welcome and it would be very appreciated. I would love to see Richard be more involved too. (thumbs u

I do know that any organization of which Ricky Evans is a member can't be that bad. I hope to be just like him when I grow up.....well except for that one bad habit.

Wait until you meet their newest member; Jim Jones. I hear he travels with his own brand of "Kool-Aid."

Resistence is futile. Prepare to be assimilated. :sumo:

Wait until you meet their newest member; Jim Jones. I hear he travels with his own brand of "Kool-Aid."

Resistence is futile. Prepare to be assimilated. :sumo:

I was assimilated once. It wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Did we order boobs for this thread yet?

Someone PM me when they get here.

This thread is full of boobs.