• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The law of unintended consequences and this board re: Hulk #377 3rd

263 posts in this topic

(I'm certainly not immune to such practices either, but at least I price things that are relatively common within reason. I would rather not sell something than sell it for what the market dictates it's worth right now.)

This should be your custom title.

I need nothing so fragile-ego-boosting as a "custom title." They are for lesser men than I.

:sumo:

No, THAT should be your custom title. lol

(I'm certainly not immune to such practices either, but at least I price things that are relatively common within reason. I would rather not sell something than sell it for what the market dictates it's worth right now.)

This should be your custom title.

I need nothing so fragile-ego-boosting as a "custom title." They are for lesser men than I.

:sumo:

No, THAT should be your custom title. lol

:roflmao::signfunny:

377-3rd-print-001.jpg

Here's all three. The second is a reverse negative, and the third is the first, but without the neon ink.

The third print is also a higher price, seems odd, was it released much later?

Yes indeed, sometime during or after 1994. Why? Who knows.

377-3rd-print-001.jpg

Here's all three. The second is a reverse negative, and the third is the first, but without the neon ink.

The third print is also a higher price, seems odd, was it released much later?

Yes indeed, sometime during or after 1994. Why? Who knows.

No one knows why the 3rd print was even produced. If I remember correctly it was released in 1994.

Just as a side note Hulk #377 2nd print doesn't have any copies in 9.8. Strange.

Pretty sure I have hundreds of copies of the Hulk #377 second print... I tend to have a lot of the second Gold prints for some reason. (New Mutants 87, Wolverine 41?, etc.)

Yes, I agree that these types of threads bring more attention to this type of book. I, for example, had a copy lying in a random longbox of books, so I sold it to a boardie at a fair price (less than what the one on eBay went for). So it works both ways. One of the benefits of this community is that boardies tend to look out for other boardies.
I heard you sold it to a jerk too :(

... and the 30 and 35 cent price variants (with some exception.) At one time, nobody knew about the 30s and 35s except a handful of people (despite being listed in the OPG several times in the late 80's!) so when people first realized they were "collectible", the prices were obscene (and, indeed, those completists paid through the nose to get them.) Now that those sets have been, for the most part, completed, or folks have realized they can NEVER complete a set, and so given up, prices have come down, down, down. Except for Star Wars #1.

Not sure I agree with all of that.

Aside from a couple of guys really fighting for some books that were thought to be more rare then than they are today, and the usual ebay / economy fluctuations, I think that most of both types of marvel price variants (in average grade) have been relatively stable pricewise since probably 2004.