• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Shipping and handling

31 posts in this topic

Went on Clink this evening and was putting a bid on a comic for 350.00, when I went to checkout besides the 3% juice which is fine, they had a $65.00 :o "shipping and handling" fee. I live in Canada but I find this just a tad high, end result, I didn't put in a bid. (shrug)

Is this new or???

Might be a 'hose the hoser' Canadian premium. It was $15 S&H the last three times I won something.

Your right I did pick the most expensive, but really not much for options.

Drop down has two options:

1.-Canada Express insured (1-3 books max)$ 65.00

2-Canada ground uninsured(3 books max) $ 35.00

The "Ground Uninsured" is not really a great option. just seems to risky to send a relatively expensive comic uninsured. And spending appx. 20 percent of the value of the comic plus the juice on shipping Sukks (shrug)

The "Ground Uninsured" is not really a great option. just seems to risky to send a relatively expensive comic uninsured. And spending appx. 20 percent of the value of the comic plus the juice on shipping Sukks (shrug)

Make sure that the book is shipped USPS. My last win was shipped UPS and I was hosed $50 in duty and $100 in border agent fees.

Is the Dazzler the rare and cherished and never before seen in the free world, "Hungarian" Price variant :grin:

Denominated in Forints? hm

I sense a rise in the population of Hungarian board members recently.

Could there be a new movement forming?

Is the Dazzler the rare and cherished and never before seen in the free world, "Hungarian" Price variant :grin:

Denominated in Forints? hm

I sense a rise in the population of Hungarian board members recently.

Could there be a new movement forming?

They say this is the Magyar Millenium. hm

Went on Clink this evening and was putting a bid on a comic for 350.00, when I went to checkout besides the 3% juice which is fine,

Is this 3% the illegal surcharge if you use a credit card?

I'm not sure on the legal technicalities but they call it a "buyer's fee", but waive it if you pay by check or money order. I'm assuming they do it that way to avoid any legal entanglements?

It is illegal in both New York and Maine, where CL is based and where they ship from.

They also no longer collect New York State sales tax on sales to residents, dispite being required by law to do so.

If a company openly flouts the law, one can wonder what they do in gray areas as far as ethics is concerned.

It's the insurance that kills you. I don't think the USPS likes to insure to foreign countries at all.

FWIW, CLink packs well. Better than CGC does. I've never had a problem with any shipment I've ever gotten from them.

:thumbsup: on the CLink packaging.

One odd thing is that we had to sign for FedEx on two shipments containing $30-50 books. They left the package on the front door stop on the $500 book. :eek: Go figure. At least it wasn't raining, and was still there when I got home for lunch.

funny how they word it at check out "pay by check and get a 3% discount" its not true, it is actually the buyers who pay with a crdit card pay 3% more and the check payers dont pay that and clink insists its a discount. discount to me means insead of 10% pay them by check and it would be 7%. they must get called on that discount bull all day long.

You need to buy the max number of books in each shipping tier to make it worthwhile. Better to spread it over 3 books than put it all on one.

Mike

So far I've decided to pay the high shipping, rather than add two more over-priced books...., but that is just me. :cool: