• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally joining the ranks....

39 posts in this topic

Of all you (ahem) fancy dudes out there with your internet phones.....

Im not sure how I feel about it. I definitely miss having a full keyboards and monitor xD

But on the other hand, I can check EVERYTHING I WANT at almost any time. It is weird.

....also, I cant spell on it. And took me forever to figure out how to enable Java on here. Im not sure if all this internet is a good thing. All I do is Facebook and browsing the CGC boards.

Im not sure how I feel about it. I definitely miss having a full keyboards and monitor xD

I don't use them for that reason. Every 2-3 years since the late 1990s I try the latest iterations of handhelds/phones and have never been able to get past the extra-slow and frustrating text input as compared to computers. Been playing with my girlfriend's Droid for several months now and can't see enough value to shell out $100 a month for. Unless the capabilities get a LOT more impressive, I can't see myself using them consistently until they support voice recognition as their primary input.

Ff, my droid runs a good voice system, but I dont use it too much. Does hers have Swype? My phone has only been on the market for a month so its still really new. Idk why shes paying that much, my unlimited data plan is thirty bucks a month.

See, I didnt want a droid and I dont like qwerty much at all. But the phone id been using for four years literally fell apart. I could not use it at all. So I had to get something, and this was the only phone I remotely liked. so my father and I got well over a thousand dollars worth of equipment between two Fascinates and all the extras but we only renewed our contracts and spent about $226 on them. Pretty sweet deal I think!

It's also super nice to be able to check traffic and stuff, since I take a 60 mile round trip commute 3x a week for one class.

Of all you (ahem) fancy dudes out there with your internet phones.....

But on the other hand, I can check EVERYTHING I WANT at almost any time. It is weird.

....also, I cant spell on it. And took me forever to figure out how to enable Java on here. Im not sure if all this internet is a good thing. All I do is Facebook and browsing the CGC boards.

What is "the internet"...?

hm

Ff, my droid runs a good voice system, but I dont use it too much. Does hers have Swype? My phone has only been on the market for a month so its still really new. Idk why shes paying that much, my unlimited data plan is thirty bucks a month.

See, I didnt want a droid and I dont like qwerty much at all. But the phone id been using for four years literally fell apart. I could not use it at all. So I had to get something, and this was the only phone I remotely liked. so my father and I got well over a thousand dollars worth of equipment between two Fascinates and all the extras but we only renewed our contracts and spent about $226 on them. Pretty sweet deal I think!

It's also super nice to be able to check traffic and stuff, since I take a 60 mile round trip commute 3x a week for one class.

The $30 is separate from the voice charge though right? I think she actually pays $90 a month combined for unlimited voice and data.

You don't use the voice system because it sucks. Clearly they know it sucks too and is just a toy because it's limited in what it can do and is a separate app from the operating system, it's not well-integrated into it.

Yea I've used Swype...it's OK, but I just feel like I'm wasting massive amounts of time hunting-and-pecking with two fingers as opposed to typing with ten. The amount of browsing for fart jokes and pictures of hot babes, and the amount of complaining I do on here about comic book grading minutia would go down DRASTICALLY if I used handhelds too much... :eek:(tsk)

I can't use my work computer for the boards. One of the reasons I got a droid. Not as fast as a keyboard on a computer, but it fits in my pocket and goes everywhere. lol in fact I am at Costco right now.

And I'm behind you typing this on a Blackberry. Can you please not stand RIGHT in front of the weinerschnitzel if you're just going to stand there typing for half an hour? :baiting:

I can't use my work computer for the boards. One of the reasons I got a droid. Not as fast as a keyboard on a computer, but it fits in my pocket and goes everywhere. lol in fact I am at Costco right now.

And I'm behind you typing this on a Blackberry. Can you please not stand RIGHT in front of the weinerschnitzel if you're just going to stand there typing for half an hour? :baiting:

:sumo:

Wait till you hit a thread with mega-sized images that lock the thing up...or want to hit the BIN on a great book only to have to wait two minutes for the damn screen to load and then miss out...or you're off the G3 network and into the Everywhere system, slow as molasses.

I still like my iPhone but it has significant room for improvement.

Wait till you hit a thread with mega-sized images that lock the thing up...or want to hit the BIN on a great book only to have to wait two minutes for the damn screen to load and then miss out...or you're off the G3 network and into the Everywhere system, slow as molasses.

So, not the instrument of choice for world domination yet.

hm

So, not the instrument of choice for world domination yet.

hm

Only if you're going to dominate the world through frustration. lol

I have a Droid Incredible and I LOVE it!

Not only does it take great pictures, but I never have to feel like I have to wait until I get home to see what is going on. Say the wife goes into a store and I'm sitting in the car waiting for her to come out. Checking out the CGC Forums and anything else I want to right now. Oh dang, the wife is already back!

And lets not forget GPS when you get lost. That woman in the phone will drive you to the front door of the place!

And my wife uses the built in Voice Recognition software all the time because she is too lazy to type. If it can figure out her country twang, than the rest of us should never have to type unless we really wanted to. But I personally prefer typing.

Oh and I have done some eBay bidding with it too and won with last minute snipes that I would have otherwise missed out on or forgotten about. If it's loading slow, its time for a new phone!

Resistance is Futile! Don't let technology leave you behind.Surfing this board while you ain't got nothing to do but sit and wait miles away from home is great! :banana: