• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screwed by ebayer 'terrysillman'

12 posts in this topic

Just to let everyone know. I won a copy of Uncanny X-Men 131 from ebay seller 'terrysillman' a while back. I did receive a comic, just the wrong one. A 15 cent Hulk issue with lower BV and in worse condition. I notified Terry and he was very nice and apologetic - said he'd both refund my money AND send the right comic. Well, 3 follow-up emails later - no other contact, so I just sent him this email:

Terry,

So here's the latest. You sent me the wrong comic, a comic valued at much less. You said you'd refund my money AND send me the right comic, then I've heard NOTHING else.

Please let me know if that's the end of it and you've screwed me just so I know for sure. At least do me that courtesy and respond to this email.

Thanks,

Randy

Just wanted my fellow boarders to know - watch out!

It's been 3 days, I mean come on! Just kidding. Last email was on Jan 29th. I sent follow-up emails on Feb 12th, Feb 23rd and now on Mar 9th. Here's the email message I got on Jan 29th:

hi randy,

i'm very sorry, it looks like i've sent your book to that person &

their's

to you.

i'll try to get it back.

please accept my apologies & a double refund, inc shipping.

also if you would send me the hulk #131 back when you get the refund

from

me, i'll include the postage.

when i get the book back, i'll send it to you free of charge.

i don't make a habit of messing up like this & i'm sorry about this.

would you please email me your address?

i hope that this will be satisfactory.

terry

and here was my initial response that same day:

Sounds fair to me, but I'd settle for a 'temporary'

refund until I get the right book. I understand these

things happen sometimes!

My address is:

........ (yes I did include my actual address in the email I sent him)

See - I was even letting him off the hook for his 'double-refund' offer! I guess I'm just too nice to do business on ebay!

I'd get out of the deal if at all possible, and take it from experience, those "he'll ship the book back to me" deals usually ends up with you getting a ratty, beaten-by-the-PO comic book.

That's assuming the X-Men 131 was (and I emphasize WAS) a VF/NM or higher copy...

His wife passed away a few months ago. Recommend u email him again for a refund else send the CGC Vancouver triad over to his local shop to give him a Smackdown. sumo.gif Some of the Harveys he is eBaying now are on consignment.

Hey, I've been looking for a Hulk 131. Isn't that the one w/Iron Man?

What shape is it in?

You need a mid-grade reader?

I have a extra Hulk 131 in VG+/VGF I was going to list on eBay next weekend.

It's a clean, glossy copy with strongly off-white pages. No dates or tape.

I think I have a nicer copy too hidden somewhere... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif