• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, comic books, books, funny books ...

31 posts in this topic

What do you call them ?

I notice a lot of people referring to comic books simply as books. I sometimes chuckle inside when I see this because I think some refer to them as books to make them sound more grown-up.

If you speak amongst friends that do not collect do you refer to them as books or comics ?

What do you call them ?

I notice a lot of people referring to comic books simply as books. I sometimes chuckle inside when I see this because I think some refer to them as books to make them sound more grown-up.

If you speak amongst friends that do not collect do you refer to them as books or comics ?

I chuckle too when people call them books, it seems kinda silly in a fun way :grin:

I call them comics, but I sometimes let the odd "book" slip out :shy:

To insiders, I call them books, because everyone knows we are talking about comics. To laymen, I call them comics.

You type a damn sight slower than me don't you?

To insiders, I call them books, because everyone knows we are talking about comics. To laymen, I call them comics.

I allow my thoughts to coalesce into complete sentences rather than hurriedly banging out whatever comes to mind. You should try it sometime.

I allow my thoughts to coalesce into complete sentences rather than hurriedly banging out whatever comes to mind. You should try it sometime.

No.

brick-tamland-39895.jpg

Loud noises! I don't know what we're typing about!!

What do you call them ?

Comics, comic books, books, funny books ...

All of the above

If I was sharing my hobby interests with someone who I feel is not familiar with the comic industry, I would thell them that I was a vintage "comic book" collector.

And they punch you in the nose and call you a nerd. lol