• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, comic books, books, funny books ...

31 posts in this topic

If I was sharing my hobby interests with someone who I feel is not familiar with the comic industry, I would thell them that I was a vintage "comic book" collector.

And they punch you in the nose and call you a nerd. lol

lol Most wouldn't dare to punch me in the nose.

I refer to them as "pictorial sequential narratives" or "storybook pamphlets", or "the bane of my existence".

Seriously, I don't bother with pretension when I'm explaining the hobby to the unwashed. I might say "vintage" or "classic" comics, but never books.

I like to use the term "prostitutes." It makes the conversations sound much more interesting.

"Yesterday I picked up three prostitutes. One of them was pretty ratty, but the other two were in great shape. I'm probably going to press all three."

I like to use the term "prostitutes." It makes the conversations sound much more interesting.

"Yesterday I picked up three prostitutes. One of them was pretty ratty, but the other two were in great shape. I'm probably going to press all three."

As long as you don't mention where you got them from....

"I got one from Harley Yee, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to give her up. He'd had her in his basement for years. I'm pretty sure the one from Robo33 had some work done, but he swore she was untouched."

"I got one from Harley Yee, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to give her up. He'd had her in his basement for years. I'm pretty sure the one from Robo33 had some work done, but he swore she was untouched."

lol

Now that you mention it Harley does look like a pimp..... hm