• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 Years Of DC Comics

671 posts in this topic

Stroke your own ego much? doh!

I don't understand you, and I don't understand this unnecessary vile snipe.

I didn't write the book, it was Paul Levitz.

I allowed them to photograph my comics, but why should my ego be involved. It's not MY book, just one I'm very excited about.

It's posts like this that ruin forums like this. Hope you're proud of yourself, pal.

oh you understand perfectly well. You arent content to sit back and wait for the book to be released and soak up the accolades for you part in it..... you have to start a thread to jumpstart interest.

ask your therapist why you constantly feel the innocent as you dig your own grave and attract the catcalls you claim to have no part in eliciting.

your mean-spiritedness does you no credit.

the guy is bringing to the attention of a comic book forum the imminent release of a groundbreaking book on comic books.

surely one of the purposes of a comic book forum?

i've never met ian levine, but his rep precedes him as a DC completist, so give credit where it is due.

if you can't say anything nice, shut up, or at least grow up for god's sake.

the guy is bringing to the attention of a comic book forum the imminent release of a groundbreaking book on comic books.

i've never met ian levine, but his rep precedes him as a DC completist, so give credit where it is due.

From what I've read here in the forums, I think it is you who needs to slow down and consider that you might not have a full appreciation for the history of this matter.

From what I've read here in the forums, I think it is you who needs to slow down and consider that you might not have a full appreciation for the history of this matter.

i have no knowledge of personal squabbles or issues.

the guy is bringing attention to a superb book on the hobby.

i see anything else as irrelevant.

far too much effort around here seems to go toward scoring points and concentrating on egos and secondary issues.

its all about the books in my opinion.

far too much effort around here seems to go toward scoring points and concentrating on egos and secondary issues.

The problem is that there are personalities involved in a public forum and Ian, although commendable in the achievement has also brought on this place it's fair share of drama and emotion. For those that have read some his previous threads, it strokes some people the wrong way.

Having said that, I am also excited about the book. That's a big accomplishment for a Marvel Zombie.

lol

The problem is that there are personalities involved in a public forum and Ian, although commendable in the achievement has also brought on this place it's fair share of drama and emotion. For those that have read some his previous threads, it strokes some people the wrong way.

Having said that, I am also excited about the book. That's a big accomplishment for a Marvel Zombie.

lol

i accept what you say.

i too am really looking forward to this book.

Yeah, this isn't a reaction to the first interaction with Mr. Levine

I think the book is cool too. And Ians collection (completed with key help from people right here on the boards years ago when he showed up looking for help, only to watch Ian disappear completely once finished! and only reappear with posts like this which tout Himself) does sully his positives quite a bit.

Im not entirely happy to post what I did, as it is mean spirited in nature, but, as you have seen, not entirely unappreciated here.

A lot of posters have done work in comics.... but dont feel compelled to start a thread hinting around for a pat on the back.

nuff said.

Whitey, what do you collect and where in the UK are you?

R.

detective & action 1957-1961 mainly, with asm 1-38 in white pages.

all stated in my registry, and in introductory posts.

as stated when i came here which nobody obviously read, i have all these books already but am now replicating them in slabbed form.

once completed (if ever) i may expand.

I think the book is cool too. And Ians collection (completed with key help from people right here on the boards years ago when he showed up looking for help, only to watch Ian disappear completely once finished! and only reappear with posts like this which tout Himself) does sully his positives quite a bit.

Im not entirely happy to post what I did, as it is mean spirited in nature, but, as you have seen, not entirely unappreciated here.

A lot of posters have done work in comics.... but dont feel compelled to start a thread hinting around for a pat on the back.

nuff said.

appreciate your honesty.

as stated when i came here which nobody obviously read, i have all these books already but am now replicating them in slabbed form.

Ah yes, I remember now....just need to jog my memory.

I remember reading your intro and thought this line was a nice touch:

i can call you betty, you can call me al.

(thumbs u

Hope you have fun here. The boards can be a bit heated at times but over all it's a great place.

Ah yes, I remember now....just need to jog my memory.

I remember reading your intro and thought this line was a nice touch:

i can call you betty, you can call me al.

(thumbs u

Hope you have fun here. The boards can be a bit heated at times but over all it's a great place.

i think you are the first person who has actually been really friendly in nearly a month here, apart from a couple of guys over in silver.

i thank you for that.

I have a soft spot for Brits since my better half is one.

:cloud9:

Yeah, this place can be all elbows sometimes, especially Comic General.

I find Comic collectors to be among the more passionate hobbyists out there. We're like entertainment to the dry coinees as they watch us. lol

Still, if you love comics this place can be very addictive. It's not hard to find the good in here.

R.

All I remember is the celebratory parade when you joined. Sorry. :sorry:

I have a soft spot for Brits since my better half is one.

:cloud9:

Yeah, this place can be all elbows sometimes, especially Comic General.

I find Comic collectors to be among the more passionate hobbyists out there. We're like entertainment to the dry coinees as they watch us. lol

Still, if you love comics this place can be very addictive. It's not hard to find the good in here.

i think this place is a goldmine of information.

i have no time for big egos or smart alecs though.

fun, yes.

comedy, yes.

meaness, no.

life is precious and far too short for that.

R.

i must have missed that meeting.

i must have missed that meeting.

Intro thread

When people are saying "WTTB," they mean "Welcome to the boards" for real. You may have missed the intent when they were posting this.

:gossip: But please do still tell Roy he is special and kind and gentle and all those good things. He's a good guy.