• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 Years Of DC Comics

671 posts in this topic

Ian Ian Ian. My words will be proven true once you fade away again after your latest look at me posts.

If I do, it'll be YOUR fault.

haha. well played sir. as you will no doubt stop posting soon, it will be MY fault. Checkmate. I lose.

aman,

I've never seen you post much of anything that isn't cogent; however (even though I don't have much of the back-story), I guess I don't understand the animosity much.

Neal Adams does a drive by to promote his slightly skewed concepts on expanding earth, and then disappears for a millennium, yet, we still love him and the good he achieved.

This guy is the paragon of DC collecting and deserves every right to boast of his achievement, IMO. The fact that he couldn't do it without the boards help, serves only as a testament to the caliber and benevolence of this board's roster.

I look forward to seeing the book. Thanks for sharing, Ian.

are you really comparing Neal Adams to Ian? Neal was never going to stay no matter what he posted or he was received, He is so far above us mere fans he does as he pleases... wherever he goes in this hobby.

aman,

I've never seen you post much of anything that isn't cogent; however (even though I don't have much of the back-story), I guess I don't understand the animosity much.

Neal Adams does a drive by to promote his slightly skewed concepts on expanding earth, and then disappears for a millennium, yet, we still love him and the good he achieved.

This guy is the paragon of DC collecting and deserves every right to boast of his achievement, IMO. The fact that he couldn't do it without the boards help, serves only as a testament to the caliber and benevolence of this board's roster.

are you really comparing Neal Adams to Ian? Neal was never going to stay no matter what he posted or he was received, He is so far above us mere fans he does as he pleases... wherever he goes in this hobby.

Why does there need to be some kind of hierarchy? I often joke about the made men on the board, but c'mon... Yes, I'm comparing the intermittent visits by two individuals whom have made some type of memorable contribution to the hobby that most of us morlocks can only aspire to, and hoping that we can just enjoy their contributions when they happen to burrow down into our territory (without eating them alive, of course). Again, I'm sure you have better reasons other than intermittent visits, that us neophytes couldn't possibly fathom; but I was just pointing out that a collector is free to come and go on this or any other forum, and I don't see any reason to be condescending towards him/her solely because he/she happens to pull a vanishing act and show up every now and then to comment on something he/she was involved in (if anything, I would think we'd be happy to know an alumnus is well).

Don't let the bastards get you down.

We've had our disagreements but these boards are much better with you than without you, and thats something I think is true of only a handful of posters.

I think it's true of you. I think this board is a much better place with you around, and am glad you came back after your long hiatus.

I know, go figger, huh?

Don't let the bastards get you down.

We've had our disagreements but these boards are much better with you than without you, and thats something I think is true of only a handful of posters.

I think it's true of you. I think this board is a much better place with you around, and am glad you came back after your long hiatus.

I know, go figger, huh?

(thumbs u

aman,

Why does there need to be some kind of hierarchy? I often joke about the made men on the board, but c'mon... Yes, I'm comparing the intermittent visits by two individuals whom have made some type of memorable contribution to the hobby that most of us morlocks can only aspire to, and hoping that we can just enjoy their contributions when they happen to burrow down into our territory (without eating them alive, of course). Again, I'm sure you have better reasons other than intermittent visits, that us neophytes couldn't possibly fathom; but I was just pointing out that a collector is free to come and go on this or any other forum, and I don't see any reason to be condescending towards him/her solely because he/she happens to pull a vanishing act and show up every now and then to comment on something he/she was involved in (if anything, I would think we'd be happy to know an alumnus is well).

why does there have to be a heirarchy? because it exists. heres a question for you on this point. You get a chance, one chance to speak to Ian or Neal at a convention. five minutes uninterrupted conversation, no holds barred.

whom do you choose?

you just voted once for you heirarchy. Ask 1000 people the same question and you have a poll, and a greater sense of the relative value of comics personalities, otherwise knows as a heirarchy..

why does there have to be a heirarchy? because it exists. heres a question for you on this point. You get a chance, one chance to speak to Ian or Neal at a convention. five minutes uninterrupted conversation, no holds barred.

whom do you choose?

you just voted once for you heirarchy. Ask 1000 people the same question and you have a poll, and a greater sense of the relative value of comics personalities, otherwise knows as a heirarchy..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I I need to locate a Double Action 2 then maybe I need to talk to Ian. (shrug):baiting:

In this thread there are no losers. Everyone is making valid points. (thumbs u

aman,

whom do you choose?

Let's put this into context (as I think you are missing the main point, intentionally or not). And let me be a little more explicit about the point I was making. Of course any comic collector would rate Neal much higher than Ian on a 'relative value comic personality scale', no argument whatsoever there.

The point is why should anyone (hierarchy or not) be berated and chastised for pulling a disappearing act and then casually showing up to share something they thought was interesting and happened to be involved in. Are we as board members, so special that they 'owe' us frequent visits? I know you aren't a kid, but there's just something so juvenile and seemingly selfish underlying your whole vitriol towards Ian, and I don't mean to belittle your concerns, because, again I'm not privy to the entire back-story (nor do I plan to spend the time to research it).

Anyways, since you are much higher on the man made, made-man, cgc hierarchical food chain than I, I think I'll gracefully bow out at this point, as I'm obviously probably doing myself more harm, than either of you good. :tonofbricks:

Amazon US has it at $126 and not released yet, is the $31 price for real?

http://www.amazon.com/75-Years-DC-Comics-Mythmaking/dp/383651981X/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1287957828&sr=8-5

That was for a different book, one which I also contributed towards. But which, good as it is, pales next to the Taschen book.

I need to locate a Double Action 2 then maybe I need to talk to Ian.

Why ??

I have a copy of Double Action 2 which I am perfectly happy with, which is a proper newsstand copy, not some knocked together Fischler , and which is photographed in the Taschen book in all its glory.

aman,

whom do you choose?

Let's put this into context (as I think you are missing the main point, intentionally or not). And let me be a little more explicit about the point I was making. Of course any comic collector would rate Neal much higher than Ian on a 'relative value comic personality scale', no argument whatsoever there.

The point is why should anyone (hierarchy or not) be berated and chastised for pulling a disappearing act and then casually showing up to share something they thought was interesting and happened to be involved in. Are we as board members, so special that they 'owe' us frequent visits? I know you aren't a kid, but there's just something so juvenile and seemingly selfish underlying your whole vitriol towards Ian, and I don't mean to belittle your concerns, because, again I'm not privy to the entire back-story (nor do I plan to spend the time to research it).

Anyways, since you are much higher on the man made, made-man, cgc hierarchical food chain than I, I think I'll gracefully bow out at this point, as I'm obviously probably doing myself more harm, than either of you good. :tonofbricks:

dont sweat it, I shouldnt have posted anyway. I forgot that when Ian returned the last few times there were plenty of others posting worse than my little jabs. So my input was pretty much ignored.

The routine was remensiscent of Rumplestilskin: mention certain things and poof, here he comes.

Bottom line there is a whole fascinating Ian backstory here that placed him in the shortlist of "users of the boards for personal gain", or outsiders "who drive by but dont care to be a full fledged member once their needs are met". Until he took his FDQ exits that is. More than once.

But again, Trust me. He will soon be gone. again. And I agree with you, there's nothing wrong with that. On the surface.. if you arent willing to read the old threads that is.

ok. you didnt like my last analogy. How about if Neal showed up and said "Hey when does Odyssey come out? Anybody buying it?" well, maybe not a far comparison again. Even I would b ekisssing Neals asss too if he did that. Like all of us.

Bottom line there is a whole fascinating Ian backstory here that placed him in the shortlist of "users of the boards for personal gain", or outsiders "who drive by but dont care to be a full fledged member once their needs are met". Until he took his FDQ exits that is. More than once.

I left these boards because of vile rudeness.

But don't let the facts get in the way of you vomiting out your unneccessary vitriol.

Who the HELL made you the Captain of the Comic Police anyway ??

I need to locate a Double Action 2 then maybe I need to talk to Ian.

Why ??

I have a copy of Double Action 2 which I am perfectly happy with, which is a proper newsstand copy, not some knocked together Fischler , and which is photographed in the Taschen book in all its glory.

doh!

I left these boards because of vile rudeness.

But don't let the facts get in the way of you vomiting out your unneccessary vitriol.

Who the HELL made you the Captain of the Comic Police anyway ??

you didnt leave because of me. I was a small voice in a chorus of disapproval. But youre a great show, so I hope you stay.