• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 Years Of DC Comics

671 posts in this topic

But please do still tell Roy he is special and kind and gentle and all those good things. He's a good guy.

This is true, Roy is indeed a prince.... but he is using WAY too many lol lately.

Having been trolled by lol , I have a pet peeve about too many lol being posted.

Roy is up to a 37% usage rate of lol in his posts; this is more frightening to me than any Halloween costume that anyone could possibly come up with.

So Roy, please stop with the lol or I will be lol all the way to the funny farm.

Your Pal,

Steve

But please do still tell Roy he is special and kind and gentle and all those good things. He's a good guy.

This is true, Roy is indeed a prince.... but he is using WAY too many lol lately.

Having been trolled by lol , I have a pet peeve about too many lol being posted.

Roy is up to a 37% usage rate of lol in his posts; this is more frightening to me than any Halloween costume that anyone could possibly come up with.

So Roy, please stop with the lol or I will be lol all the way to the funny farm.

Your Pal,

Steve

lol

:fear:

Your Pal,

Steve

:gossip: someone just started another Action 1 thread

I have a copy of Double Action 2 which I am perfectly happy with, which is a proper newsstand copy, not some knocked together Fischler , and which is photographed in the Taschen book in all its glory.

Ian, you just went up a 100 points in my book! :angel:

Your Pal,

Steve

:gossip: someone just started another Action 1 thread

Calling 911 now, I think I can hear the sirens in the background already!

Ian Ian Ian. My words will be proven true once you fade away again after your latest look at me posts. All you newer members keep yours eyes open and see what happens. Ian will only reappear when someone talks about the other full DC collections out there, or DC Bartman, or he works on some other comics project some time.

What's going on with you, aman? Between your crazy political thread in WC and now this, you seem to be having some sort of a meltdown all of a sudden.

Or is it really you, because suddenly your posts are free of grammatical and spelling errors. hm

I was privileged to see the first copy that DC obtained when I was at the NYC Con two weeks ago and I was given a tour of the offices. That was the only copy they had and Paul Levitz brought it to the panel discussion on DC's 75 years and showed it off, along with some powerpoint slides of the interior.

As I also contributed to the book (dare I say that and incur some wrath meh ) I received my copy last week.

Words can not adequately describe this book. The closest I can come is to say FANTASTIC, AWESOME, UNBELIEVABLE, HISTORICAL, GRAPHIC, BEAUTIFUL and HUGE!!!! (worship)(worship)(worship):cloud9:

Damn thing weighs 18 pounds. It is well worth the cost. Never a book like it before and probably not one coming any time soon afterward. Taschen does a really beautiful and topnotch job. (thumbs u

And the stuff about Ian and the motive for this thread is really unnecessary, regardless of the history. (tsk)

I need to locate a Double Action 2 then maybe I need to talk to Ian.

Why ??

I have a copy of Double Action 2 which I am perfectly happy with, which is a proper newsstand copy, not some knocked together Fischler , and which is photographed in the Taschen book in all its glory.

Respectfully Ian I would challenge the historical accuracy of this comment. To the best of my knowledge, there is no credible evidence that DA2 was ever on the newsstand. The fact is that its origin and purpose have likely been lost to history.

BTW, the text for the DA2 in the book also inaccurately states the number of copies known to exist and will be corrected in a later printing.

aman,

I've never seen you post much of anything that isn't cogent; however (even though I don't have much of the back-story), I guess I don't understand the animosity much.

Neal Adams does a drive by to promote his slightly skewed concepts on expanding earth, and then disappears for a millennium, yet, we still love him and the good he achieved.

This guy is the paragon of DC collecting and deserves every right to boast of his achievement, IMO. The fact that he couldn't do it without the boards help, serves only as a testament to the caliber and benevolence of this board's roster.

I look forward to seeing the book. Thanks for sharing, Ian.

are you really comparing Neal Adams to Ian? Neal was never going to stay no matter what he posted or he was received, He is so far above us mere fans he does as he pleases... wherever he goes in this hobby.

Why does there need to be some kind of hierarchy? I often joke about the made men on the board, but c'mon... Yes, I'm comparing the intermittent visits by two individuals whom have made some type of memorable contribution to the hobby that most of us morlocks can only aspire to, and hoping that we can just enjoy their contributions when they happen to burrow down into our territory (without eating them alive, of course). Again, I'm sure you have better reasons other than intermittent visits, that us neophytes couldn't possibly fathom; but I was just pointing out that a collector is free to come and go on this or any other forum, and I don't see any reason to be condescending towards him/her solely because he/she happens to pull a vanishing act and show up every now and then to comment on something he/she was involved in (if anything, I would think we'd be happy to know an alumnus is well).

why does there have to be a heirarchy? because it exists. heres a question for you on this point. You get a chance, one chance to speak to Ian or Neal at a convention. five minutes uninterrupted conversation, no holds barred.

whom do you choose?

you just voted once for you heirarchy. Ask 1000 people the same question and you have a poll, and a greater sense of the relative value of comics personalities, otherwise knows as a heirarchy..

Actually, I would love to spend 5 minutes alone with each of them. Why drive them away from the boards?

And if either pops in for a drive-by post to promote some achievement or product let them. Happens every day.

I was privileged to see the first copy that DC obtained when I was at the NYC Con two weeks ago and I was given a tour of the offices. That was the only copy they had and Paul Levitz brought it to the panel discussion on DC's 75 years and showed it off, along with some powerpoint slides of the interior.

As I also contributed to the book (dare I say that and incur some wrath meh ) I received my copy last week.

Words can not adequately describe this book. The closest I can come is to say FANTASTIC, AWESOME, UNBELIEVABLE, HISTORICAL, GRAPHIC, BEAUTIFUL and HUGE!!!! (worship)(worship)(worship):cloud9:

Damn thing weighs 18 pounds. It is well worth the cost. Never a book like it before and probably not one coming any time soon afterward. Taschen does a really beautiful and topnotch job. (thumbs u

And the stuff about Ian and the motive for this thread is really unnecessary, regardless of the history. (tsk)

Self promoter! :baiting:

Words can not adequately describe this book. The closest I can come is to say FANTASTIC, AWESOME, UNBELIEVABLE, HISTORICAL, GRAPHIC, BEAUTIFUL and HUGE!!!!

Damn thing weighs 18 pounds. It is well worth the cost. Never a book like it before and probably not one coming any time soon afterward. Taschen does a really beautiful and topnotch job.

And the stuff about Ian and the motive for this thread is really unnecessary, regardless of the history.

You are a star, and your post is a wonderful testament to this major important book of which I am so proud.

Respectfully Ian I would challenge the historical accuracy of this comment. To the best of my knowledge, there is no credible evidence that DA2 was ever on the newsstand. The fact is that its origin and purpose have likely been lost to history.

BTW, the text for the DA2 in the book also inaccurately states the number of copies known to exist and will be corrected in a later printing.

I was told many times by many people that it was tested out in one area in newsstands. I think it was Baltimore. My copy looks like a proper newsstand copy and still has its original staples.

I agree with you about the numbers. I believe there are a total of 11 copies in varying stages of completeness.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no credible evidence that DA2 was ever on the newsstand. The fact is that its origin and purpose have likely been lost to history.

Despite its unverified provenance, I still believe this to be the authentic artwork for Double Action 1. I have no reason to doubt the people who gave it to me as a scan.

105273.jpg.9cf4a49c3211dbc9761068ea87aea7b5.jpg

Self promoter! :baiting:

Ok, guilty as charged! :grin:

I was told many times by many people that it was tested out in one area in newsstands. I think it was Baltimore. My copy looks like a proper newsstand copy and still has its original staples.

I agree with you about the numbers. I believe there are a total of 11 copies in varying stages of completeness.

I am always trying to ensure the accuracy of history. I'd love to have any information you might know. Feel free to PM or e-mail me anytime. (thumbs u

At least 9 copies for sure I believe we've traced. Could certainly be 11 (including just covers).