• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 Years Of DC Comics

671 posts in this topic

:gossip: But please do still tell Roy he is special and kind and gentle and all those good things. He's a good guy.

Screw you, Nick. I'm going to go as Ian Levine for Halloween. I'm tired of not being the bad boy around here.

:baiting:

I think the book is cool too. And Ians collection (completed with key help from people right here on the boards years ago when he showed up looking for help, only to watch Ian disappear completely once finished! and only reappear with posts like this which tout Himself) does sully his positives quite a bit.

Im not entirely happy to post what I did, as it is mean spirited in nature, but, as you have seen, not entirely unappreciated here.

A lot of posters have done work in comics.... but dont feel compelled to start a thread hinting around for a pat on the back.

nuff said.

appreciate your honesty.

thanx. try to think of the boards as a rolling party that never stops, and many many people here have been going at this for years (Im 2003 vintage). That should help explain some of the apparent coldness to newcomers.. as so many topics have been discussed ad nauseum, again and again.... a shorthand has developed, like WTTB that dont make sense at first.

and in a community that has withstood thousands of players, I hope you can appreciate that there have been a few doozies! Who refuse to play nice, or stop condescending, or fighting, or troublemaking. Im sure I sounded like that earlier. But I was not even the MOST annoyed by Ian here back in the day.. Just had had enough.

I have a soft spot for Brits since my better half is one.

:cloud9:

Yeah, this place can be all elbows sometimes, especially Comic General.

I find Comic collectors to be among the more passionate hobbyists out there. We're like entertainment to the dry coinees as they watch us. lol

Still, if you love comics this place can be very addictive. It's not hard to find the good in here.

i think this place is a goldmine of information.

i have no time for big egos or smart alecs though.

fun, yes.

comedy, yes.

meaness, no.

life is precious and far too short for that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are going to hate it here. This board is 95% people who either think they are funny, have big egos, or are smart alecs.

So my unsolicited advice is learn to love it or deal with it (shrug)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are going to hate it here. This board is 95% people who either think they are funny, have big egos, or are smart alecs.

Just remember the NO ONE is more hilarious than me, Sal-ly Field.

I know I'm funny.

I know I'm funny.

I know I`m clumsy.

Have to agree, calling the guy out on a post as innocent as this is unreasonable. He was part of the book. He's excited about seeing other people's reactions. Nothing wrong there.

I'm aware of the history. But in recent times, I mostly see things getting contentious only after people pile on him.

I know I'm swimming against the tide of several longtime regs here, but based on what I've observed in recent times, it's time to let it go.

2c

I know I'm funny.

Small anecdote.

My son Noah walks up to my oldest daughter Bekah's bedroom door and knocks on it.

Then he runs away.

Beks opens up the door and nobody is there but she knows that he is responsible.

The door closes only to have Noah knock on it again.

Door opens, nobody there.

The third time that Noah knocks on the door Bek finally unleashes. She opens the door and yells out "Noah!" in a rabid scream and then slams the door shut.

What does my son do? He walks up to the door, looks at it and says "That was a good scream" and goes happily on his way.

lol

Why do I write this?

Because after I reiterated this story to Noah do you know what he said? He said that i don't know funny. He knows funny.

lol

Doc, you are funny.

Love you, bro.

:headbang:

I know I'm funny.

Small anecdote.

My son Noah walks up to my oldest daughter Bekah's bedroom door and knocks on it.

Then he runs away.

Beks opens up the door and nobody is there but she knows that he is responsible.

The door closes only to have Noah knock on it again.

Door opens, nobody there.

The third time that Noah knocks on the door Bek finally unleashes. She opens the door and yells out "Noah!" in a rabid scream and then slams the door shut.

What does my son do? He walks up to the door, looks at it and says "That was a good scream" and goes happily on his way.

lol

Why do I write this?

Because after I reiterated this story to Noah do you know what he said? He said that i don't know funny. He knows funny.

lol

Doc, you are funny.

Love you, bro.

:headbang:

Group hug, everybody!!!!!

50poohgrouphug.gif

Now get back to that mean-spirited, smart-alecky non-comedic sniping and general anomie. :sumo:

oh you understand perfectly well. You arent content to sit back and wait for the book to be released and soak up the accolades for you part in it..... you have to start a thread to jumpstart interest.

ask your therapist why you constantly feel the innocent as you dig your own grave and attract the catcalls you claim to have no part in eliciting.

I did it all for free because I felt such a book deserved to exist and deserved to be accurate. DC Comics don't have a library of all their old comics, and needed to photograph them from somewhere. I was proud to help and asked for no fee as the book is such a niche subject. I can't imagine for one second anyone will make a profit out of it - it only exists as a timeless testament to a wonderful 75 years.

It's not my book, I just was happy to help, so why you're picking on me bemuses me.

It's not about ego, it's about creating something of lasting value.

If I tell you my true opinion on your wretched miserable post, I'll be banned for rudeness, so I'll leave you to form your own conclusions of how low my opinion of you is.

I started this thread because such a magnificent book deserved one. It's not about me, so crawl back under the rock you crawled out from, pal.

your mean-spiritedness does you no credit.

the guy is bringing to the attention of a comic book forum the imminent release of a groundbreaking book on comic books.

surely one of the purposes of a comic book forum?

i've never met ian levine, but his rep precedes him as a DC completist, so give credit where it is due.

if you can't say anything nice, shut up, or at least grow up for god's sake.

Thankyou for putting into words what I was feeling myself.

If you live in London, we should meet some time.

Again, thank you so much.

And Ians collection (completed with key help from people right here on the boards years ago when he showed up looking for help, only to watch Ian disappear completely once finished! and only reappear with posts like this which tout Himself) does sully his positives quite a bit.

Why would anybody want to stick around on a forum where rude people kept kicking them in the bollocks ???