• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VA Comicon 11/20 - 11/21 Richmond, VA

65 posts in this topic

Only a few days away! :banana:

Hope they let me on the plane this time... I was almost "Denied Flight" on the way to Austin... lol

You've got that suspicious look about you. :fear:

Hope they let me on the plane this time... I was almost "Denied Flight" on the way to Austin... lol

You've got that suspicious look about you. :fear:

I was clean shaven & didn't even have my beard lol

I had a gate agent give me a hard time during boarding... It was a full flight and I was in group 6, last to board... All of sudden they start checking everyone's carry-ons from group 5 & 6. I had about 90 books & my laptop in my bag and there was no way I was checking them in. She was loud and obnoxious with me when I told her I had expensive fragile items - She told me "I don't care, these are the rules" and at one point threatened to "Deny flight".

I ended up physically carrying two boxes of books & my laptop onto the flight... the same dimensions almost of the empty bag I checked in. :D

Flight attendants on board were awesome though & on my side - they gave me garbage bags to carry off the boxes lol ... Let's just say there was a conversation with a supervisor in Austin, and back in L.A. when I returned. ;)

They did that to me and my friends. However, in hindsight, i understand why now. We were coming back from a bachelor party in South Beach, still drunk from the Clevelander hotel, and sitting by the emergency exit on our flight back to New York.

Any advice getting from the airport to the convention area... I don't feel like renting a car - Any shuttle services available? I don't see Super Shuttle working the airport.

How much is a cab from the airport?

Try Groome Transportation:

The hotel is in the "orange" zone on this page:

http://www.groometransportation.com/richmond_fares.htm

Round Trip is $62.50 + taxes and tips.

Not the cheapest. I don't know how much the cab fare would be...but the airport is 17 miles from the hotel, so I would imagine possibly a $40+ cab ride...if you can find one.

Car rentals are seriously the cheapest way to get there.

Hope you can make it...because once you get there, the hotel is only $65 a night, and is attached to the event space.

Best,

Brett

See everyone this weekend :hi:

Anybody have 10 and 12 cent cover price books to sell..........come talk to me.

Still offering half cover price ? :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u