• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dont look JC!!

10 posts in this topic

I'm not saying he has or does not have the books.

But...

these are comics that i aquired from a general auction last year. i am new to this type of collecting. not sure what i have or dont have.

He got Red Label CGC books in a "General Auction"?

Something doesn't smell right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The thing that stuck me was:

(1) Ebay feedback is only 24.

(2) Most of it is as a buyer.

(3) Of the 3 or 4 that he received for selling, only one had a feedback of over 10.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...................................

Can someone summarize the 35c variant market? I've read some of these posts on the variants, but I'm not clear on the special interest. Rare generally? Rare in high grade? Just another special collecting interest? How do the 35c cover-price issues compare in price (today) to the same issue with a different cover price (i.e. 30c)?

Can someone summarize the 35c variant market? I've read some of these posts on the variants, but I'm not clear on the special interest. Rare generally?

All of them are "rare" for Bronze Age Marvels. Some are truly scarce. Only a handful of the Westerns have even been verified for example.

Rare in high grade?

Yes.

How do the 35c cover-price issues compare in price (today) to the same issue with a different cover price (i.e. 30c)?

My gut is telling me most 35 centers are 5-20x more valuable than their non variant counterparts. I've never done the math on it.

The spread on the rarest books is much higher. For example, the impossible-to-find Westerns probably garner well over 100 times the value of their non-variant counterparts.

the 106 and 107 are fake. look at the issue numbers, ink smudge on 106, cut-off on the "6" and the line on 107 is broken. If these were real the bid could go to $1,500.00

the 106 and 107 are fake. look at the issue numbers, ink smudge on 106, cut-off on the "6" and the line on 107 is broken. If these were real the bid could go to $1,500.00

Yep, and it looks like he might actually have the 30-centers though. Other than blatant scamming, I wonder what his game is?