• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Monthly Free Advertising Alert- let's see the sorrow & the pity

104 posts in this topic

lol- but you have been known to get 8x gpa for books

:wishluck:

Steal of the auction. I was going to put a bid in but one of my staff came in to talk to me and I missed it. Sure it is a modern but $367 for a Bone 9.4 is crazy low. That is all time GPA low by lots. I am sure the seller is :frustrated: and the buyer is :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F863911&id=863911

Steal of the auction. I was going to put a bid in but one of my staff came in to talk to me and I missed it. Sure it is a modern but $367 for a Bone 9.4 is crazy low. That is all time GPA low by lots. I am sure the seller is :frustrated: and the buyer is :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F863911&id=863911

a firing offense. does the qualified label not mean as much with this book?

a firing offense. does the qualified label not mean as much with this book?

The Qualified Label is simply because CGC was not present when Jeff Smith signed the book. That is the only reason why it is in a qualified label. If CGC was present it would be in a yellow label. There are a fair number of Bone 1's in qualified labels as Jeff signed a number of the first print books.

Further to my above I do not even understand when CGC puts books in qualified labels for writing and when it does not. If you look at the Winnipeg Pedigrees they are all in universal labels even though the owner signed all the books. I have a 8.0 Fantastic Four #2 in a universal label that has the notation "Jack Kirby" written in pen on the first page. (Book was signed by Jack Kirby long before CGC existed). However in the above case (and with all the Bone 1's) CGC put them in qualified cases.

Quite a few of the high grade late Silver / early Bronze Batmans were going for v. high prices....

$1800 for #181 in 9.2 :o -preview night must've shined on that one

In a nutshell...that book was a scorcher that presumably had potential....

Further to my above I do not even understand when CGC puts books in qualified labels for writing and when it does not. If you look at the Winnipeg Pedigrees they are all in universal labels even though the owner signed all the books. I have a 8.0 Fantastic Four #2 in a universal label that has the notation "Jack Kirby" written in pen on the first page. (Book was signed by Jack Kirby long before CGC existed). However in the above case (and with all the Bone 1's) CGC put them in qualified cases.

I think the difference is because the Bone books were signed in marker, not pen. They are much more forgiving of pen and pencil marks.

:o

I still expected that book to break a thousand, even if it is in a Qualified Label case.

I wonder if Mschmidt won that book since he is a Bone Comic nut? Otherwise, he is going to be shocked he missed out on this deal.

I still expected that book to break a thousand, even if it is in a Qualified Label case.

I wonder if Mschmidt won that book since he is a Bone Comic nut? Otherwise, he is going to be shocked he missed out on this deal.

Is new Bone material still being published? If not, I would expect value to dive, just like Cerebus did. The affinity for the material may be pretty limited. I sure couldn't stand to read it.

Is new Bone material still being published? If not, I would expect value to dive, just like Cerebus did. The affinity for the material may be pretty limited. I sure couldn't stand to read it.

School kids read the stuff voraciously as libraries stock them. My 9 year old daughter reads it and because of that we were picking up back issues in the LCS the other week.

Bone is the most read trade (dare i say book) in elementary/middle school libraries in my community. Scholastic didn't push over a million of these things to hoarders. I've been collecting for 40 years, never read an issue of Cerebus. i'll go in a second grade classroom today and half the kids will have read at least one Bone trade.

I saw the title and had "Clink Monthly Advertising Fee Alert" in my mind. Thought for certain that this was going to be a thread about a newly imposed "fee" for never-ending, high-priced books in their 'For Sale' section.

Sadly, I was disappointed... :/

lol

Maybe I'll toss a few coins at some Conans tonight. :wishluck:

I know of at least two collectors of Bone Comics that would have easily dropped $800 on that book, if they didn't win it so cheaply last night.

I wonder if that was a board member selling on Comiclink, as someone recently had their Bone 1 CGC Q 9.4 on here for over $1,000.

:eek:

Bone is the most read trade (dare i say book) in elementary/middle school libraries in my community. Scholastic didn't push over a million of these things to hoarders. I've been collecting for 40 years, never read an issue of Cerebus. i'll go in a second grade classroom today and half the kids will have read at least one Bone trade.

While it was simple reading, the Bone compendium was what got me back into reading comics again and reinvigorated me (which led to 300 different TPBs on my shelves). I love the series. I also have the Cerebus phone books, but I haven't had time to read them yet.

I wonder if that was a board member selling on Comiclink, as someone recently had their Bone 1 CGC Q 9.4 on here for over $1,000.

:eek:

I thought the same thing, I think it was a boardie's book.

Can anyone explain why an Amazing Spider-Man #173 in CGC 9.8 sold for $2,355?

Amazing Spider-man #173

I note that a CGC 9.6 version sold right after it for $42.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #173 - The Auction Has Ended

Item description:

1977, Molten Man appearance

Publisher: Marvel

Condition: CGC 9.8 NM/MT

Page Quality: White Pages

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

Census Rank: Highest CGC Graded!

Current Bid: $2,355

Number Of Bids: 28

Final Bid: $2,355

End Date: 10/26/2010 9:22:45 PM

ComicLink Comments:

This CGC 9.8 pristine Near Mint/Mint is the highest graded and 1 of only 5 to ever reach this top tier. Adding to its desirability, CGC has assigned its perfect page quality designation of White Pages, making this example the very best 9.8 attainable.

RAD025B020101014_84655.jpg

I just sold a 9.6 copy of Bone # 1 on eBay for the full BIN price of $1,750, so reports of this titles demise are greatly exaggerated. In fact, I sold another one for $1,500 a few months ago, so I can tell you there is still very strong demand, at least on eBay.

C-link is another matter entirely...I sold my third 9.6 in a recent C-Link auction for $1,100...needless to say, C-link is NOT the venue for this book, in any way shape or form.

And to echo previous comments, as someone who works at both a public middle and elementary school, Bone books are very much in demand. Very strong following, and one of the few titles that will transition well with the next generation.

I just sold a 9.6 copy of Bone # 1 on eBay for the full BIN price of $1,750, so reports of this titles demise are greatly exaggerated. In fact, I sold another one for $1,500 a few months ago, so I can tell you there is still very strong demand, at least on eBay.

C-link is another matter entirely...I sold my third 9.6 in a recent C-Link auction for $1,100...needless to say, C-link is NOT the venue for this book, in any way shape or form.

Clink at times is not the best place to sell Moderns.