• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Monthly Free Advertising Alert- let's see the sorrow & the pity

104 posts in this topic

C-link is another matter entirely...I sold my third 9.6 in a recent C-Link auction for $1,100...needless to say, C-link is NOT the venue for this book, in any way shape or form.

:eek:

For a 9.6? That is just sad.

Steal of the auction. I was going to put a bid in but one of my staff came in to talk to me and I missed it. Sure it is a modern but $367 for a Bone 9.4 is crazy low. That is all time GPA low by lots. I am sure the seller is :frustrated: and the buyer is :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F863911&id=863911

:o

I still expected that book to break a thousand, even if it is in a Qualified Label case.

I wonder if Mschmidt won that book since he is a Bone Comic nut? Otherwise, he is going to be shocked he missed out on this deal.

Is new Bone material still being published? If not, I would expect value to dive, just like Cerebus did. The affinity for the material may be pretty limited. I sure couldn't stand to read it.

I just sold a 9.6 copy of Bone # 1 on eBay for the full BIN price of $1,750, so reports of this titles demise are greatly exaggerated. In fact, I sold another one for $1,500 a few months ago, so I can tell you there is still very strong demand, at least on eBay.

C-link is another matter entirely...I sold my third 9.6 in a recent C-Link auction for $1,100...needless to say, C-link is NOT the venue for this book, in any way shape or form.

Clink at times is not the best place to sell Moderns.

If by "at times" Tom, you mean "never", I agree. :P

:eek:

For a 9.6? That is just sad.

Yeah, I thought so too, especially that's the sales price before the 10% commission. Jive was not a happy camper that day. :tonofbricks:

Can anyone explain why an Amazing Spider-Man #173 in CGC 9.8 sold for $2,355?

Amazing Spider-man #173

I note that a CGC 9.6 version sold right after it for $42.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #173 - The Auction Has Ended

Item description:

1977, Molten Man appearance

Publisher: Marvel

Condition: CGC 9.8 NM/MT

Page Quality: White Pages

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

Census Rank: Highest CGC Graded!

Current Bid: $2,355

Number Of Bids: 28

Final Bid: $2,355

End Date: 10/26/2010 9:22:45 PM

ComicLink Comments:

This CGC 9.8 pristine Near Mint/Mint is the highest graded and 1 of only 5 to ever reach this top tier. Adding to its desirability, CGC has assigned its perfect page quality designation of White Pages, making this example the very best 9.8 attainable.

Sheesh, I better have a closer look at my raw copy..... that is insane.

there are 6 9.8's on the census out of 129 graded, that was just stupid for the buyer, but great for the seller. :screwy:

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 6 0 0 0 6

Near Mint + 9.6 40 0 0 0 40

Near Mint 9.4 27 0 0 0 27

Near Mint - 9.2 10 0 0 0 10

Can anyone explain why an Amazing Spider-Man #173 in CGC 9.8 sold for $2,355?

I note that a CGC 9.6 version sold right after it for $42.

Great sale on the 9.8, I wish it were mine! :D

Solid buy on the 9.6, I wish I had spotted it. :(

:whatev:

Steal of the auction. I was going to put a bid in but one of my staff came in to talk to me and I missed it. Sure it is a modern but $367 for a Bone 9.4 is crazy low. That is all time GPA low by lots. I am sure the seller is :frustrated: and the buyer is :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F863911&id=863911

I still expected that book to break a thousand, even if it is in a Qualified Label case.

I wonder if Mschmidt won that book since he is a Bone Comic nut? Otherwise, he is going to be shocked he missed out on this deal.

Is new Bone material still being published? If not, I would expect value to dive, just like Cerebus did. The affinity for the material may be pretty limited. I sure couldn't stand to read it.

Bone is the most read trade (dare i say book) in elementary/middle school libraries in my community. Scholastic didn't push over a million of these things to hoarders. I've been collecting for 40 years, never read an issue of Cerebus. i'll go in a second grade classroom today and half the kids will have read at least one Bone trade.

I was the under bidder who got distracted by his girlfriend. I would of gone up to 500 if necessary. Definitely a great buy. I'm still soar about missing out.

Bone is the most read trade (dare i say book) in elementary/middle school libraries in my community. Scholastic didn't push over a million of these things to hoarders. I've been collecting for 40 years, never read an issue of Cerebus. i'll go in a second grade classroom today and half the kids will have read at least one Bone trade.

I was the under bidder who got distracted by his girlfriend. I would of gone up to 500 if necessary. Definitely a great buy. I'm still soar about missing out.

A fantastic buy on a very difficult book. I would have bought the book if I noticed. Jeez

Quite a few of the high grade late Silver / early Bronze Batmans were going for v. high prices....

$1800 for #181 in 9.2 :o -preview night must've shined on that one

Batman 181 at a 9.2 has sold twice in the last year on gpa, one sell was for 1126 and the second was 837.00. A 9.4 sold for 1851! This 9.2 sold for 1800!! Can we say shill! thats just nuts.

I have picked up 10 books so far. Nothing all the special except I managed to fill one of the few remaining big holes in my first 50 FF run. Paid a bit more than I would have liked at $4,099 but it is still $901 less than the one in the last ComicConnect auction went for.

105401.jpg.d1a03842dfd18ddf688401118881c7f8.jpg

I have picked up 10 books so far. Nothing all the special except I managed to fill one of the few remaining big holes in my first 50 FF run. Paid a bit more than I would have liked at $4,099 but it is still $901 less than the one in the last ComicConnect auction went for.

That's nice. :applause:

Dave, that is a killer book. One of the greatest books of the Silver Age. I thought about bidding on that one!

I had a 9.4 last year and wish I could have afforded to keep it.

:cloud9: