• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow! who said Bronze books were going down?

23 posts in this topic

Umm so what am I missing about that book aside from the grade? I figured 200-300 would be around the mark.

James G

Perhaps it's the speculation that Hugo Strange is going to be in the next Batman movie, and that this arc will be part of the basis of the plot.

Haven't you heard, Rogers is the new Adams? :o

lol

Oh, if that were only true. I've got some GORGEOUS Mister Miracles sitting around...

:cry:

I've got some really nice Pacific Ms. Mystics hanging around and those aren't doing me much good either. was that wildly speculated on or something? i remember there being tons of extras in the bargain boxes when it came out in the early 80s, but I would have figured OPG would have an almost 30 year old Adams book at more than $4, everything else is more than that!

I guess you're right, as that *single* book means the entire BA market is booming!! Yippee!! :banana:

Joe,

My post was a tongue in cheek comment about Bronze books going up. Obviously the market is softening. I was just surprised this particular book went for over double the last GPA sale which was just a few months ago.

I guess you're right, as that *single* book means the entire BA market is booming!! Yippee!! :banana:

Joe,

My post was a tongue in cheek comment about Bronze books going up. Obviously the market is softening. I was just surprised this particular book went for over double the last GPA sale which was just a few months ago.

It went for double GPA because I sold the other copy at a buy it now on Ebay, instead of letting bidders determine the final price. That's why GPA is a guide to previous sales, not a rule as to what the next copy should sell for.

Joe,

It went for double GPA because I sold the other copy at a buy it now on Ebay, instead of letting bidders determine the final price. That's why GPA is a guide to previous sales, not a rule as to what the next copy should sell for.

Congrats on your sale. To be honest, I felt your book went too high, but obviously the buyer felt differently.

And I thought the C-Link book would sell at a premium to last GPA due to the fact it was a pedigree. Over 2X last GPA was a bit eye opening though.

This makes me think of the recent Heritage auction of DC Super-Stars #17 Secret Origins of Super-Heroes - Western Penn pedigree (DC, 1977) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages. That book sold for $507.88 (includes BP).

Beautiful book, but I think (don't currently have access to GPA) but that price must be a record as well.

DC Superstars 17

Joe,

lol Put that one right past Vince... of course, it's a low bar to clear.

Joe,

Here's his ENTIRE post:

This little beauty went for 2X+ GPA

I thought I was being overagressive with my final bid $425.00.

Could you please be so kind as to illustrate the oh-so-obvious sarcasm. doh!

Joe,

Here's his ENTIRE post:

This little beauty went for 2X+ GPA

I thought I was being overagressive with my final bid $425.00.

Could you please be so kind as to illustrate the oh-so-obvious sarcasm. doh!

So you figured he was serious, and applying that statement to the whole bronze market? Attaboy! lol

That'd be like if I'd extrapolated your iPad view as a sucky device to general opinion, and sold my Apple stock at $190.