• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

187 posts in this topic

I don't know about ghost even though I joined the Wichita Ghost Society for a year or so and had some interesting investigations (mostly because the people or places we investigated where more interesting than the "haunting" itself).

But when around 1986 I had a friend of mine come over to spend the evening with me and we were rummaging through my closet. Now back in those days I was pretty messy although you'd never know that looking at my home now (I became a neat freak at some point during my youth although I don't recall when exactly). So while moving some boxes and toys out of the way in the left side of the closet we came across a canned coke.

Thinking I must of placed one there and had forgotten about it we carefully moved it to my dresser and made plans over sharing the delicious beverage at a later time. So we headed back to the closet and started digging around and found a second canned coke again in the left side of the closet. Really excited because we now each had our own and chalking up the experience to having not carefully staked out the place before moving the first can we again moved the second can to the counter by the bed next to the first.

We immediately went back to the closet and found in the exact same spot a third can of coke. We were a little suspicious at this point because we had did a pretty thorough investigation when we discovered the third can but again moved the can to the counter beside the bed.

This time we placed a piece of paper on the spot we had found the first three cans of coke and closed the closet door, waited for about 5 minutes and opened the door to fine yet another can on the closet floor on top of the piece of paper. We realized the cans where just materializing there or something but who gets scared of free coke cans right?

So we continued that for awhile and eventually it stopped. We moved the remaining 12 cans of soda to the refrigerator in my parents house and quickly explained to my parents how we found all this free soda in my closet.

Convinced we were up to no good my mother went downstairs and checked the basement room and in the closet she found an empty unopened 12 pack box of coke. The thing wasn't opened but it was completely empty and my mother had thought we some how managed to move all those cans out of the case and upstairs without being caught.

To this day I never understood how this situation happened.

I was on a ghost tour at Fort Wayne in Detroit. My group was walking parallel to a wall that was about thirty feet away. I looked over at my shadow being cast on the wall, then I raised my arms (like when a referee signals a touchdown) and waved them. My shadow shot about thirty feet to the left and disappeared... as I stood still. I thought I was imagining things until my friend asked, "Did you see that too?" Pretty weird.

When I was in high school my summer job was to help in patients at a hospital from there room to there Doctor appointments, or therapy appointments. I would get a room number and patient name, and go pick them up with a wheel chair and take them to a different floor or across the skywalk to the Doctors office building.

One day I was walking down the hallway going to a patients room. When I passed a different patients room I felt a rush of something, I got goosebumps and felt a cool tingling feeling. When I got down the hallway I looked back and the nurses were running into that room I passed by. The patient passed away as I walked by. I firmly believe the spirit was leaving the room and went through me at the exact time I was walking by. What else could this rush of been (shrug)

Someone opened the window?

I don't know about ghost even though I joined the Wichita Ghost Society for a year or so and had some interesting investigations (mostly because the people or places we investigated where more interesting than the "haunting" itself).

But when around 1986 I had a friend of mine come over to spend the evening with me and we were rummaging through my closet. Now back in those days I was pretty messy although you'd never know that looking at my home now (I became a neat freak at some point during my youth although I don't recall when exactly). So while moving some boxes and toys out of the way in the left side of the closet we came across a canned coke.

Thinking I must of placed one there and had forgotten about it we carefully moved it to my dresser and made plans over sharing the delicious beverage at a later time. So we headed back to the closet and started digging around and found a second canned coke again in the left side of the closet. Really excited because we now each had our own and chalking up the experience to having not carefully staked out the place before moving the first can we again moved the second can to the counter by the bed next to the first.

We immediately went back to the closet and found in the exact same spot a third can of coke. We were a little suspicious at this point because we had did a pretty thorough investigation when we discovered the third can but again moved the can to the counter beside the bed.

This time we placed a piece of paper on the spot we had found the first three cans of coke and closed the closet door, waited for about 5 minutes and opened the door to fine yet another can on the closet floor on top of the piece of paper. We realized the cans where just materializing there or something but who gets scared of free coke cans right?

So we continued that for awhile and eventually it stopped. We moved the remaining 12 cans of soda to the refrigerator in my parents house and quickly explained to my parents how we found all this free soda in my closet.

Convinced we were up to no good my mother went downstairs and checked the basement room and in the closet she found an empty unopened 12 pack box of coke. The thing wasn't opened but it was completely empty and my mother had thought we some how managed to move all those cans out of the case and upstairs without being caught.

That is truly weird, and very cool. (thumbs u

When I was in high school my summer job was to help in patients at a hospital from there room to there Doctor appointments, or therapy appointments. I would get a room number and patient name, and go pick them up with a wheel chair and take them to a different floor or across the skywalk to the Doctors office building.

One day I was walking down the hallway going to a patients room. When I passed a different patients room I felt a rush of something, I got goosebumps and felt a cool tingling feeling. When I got down the hallway I looked back and the nurses were running into that room I passed by. The patient passed away as I walked by. I firmly believe the spirit was leaving the room and went through me at the exact time I was walking by. What else could this rush of been (shrug)

Someone opened the window?

Man, don't they teach you anything in med school? If the window was open the ghost would have gone out the window and not the door.

:makepoint:

You know what it was... :gossip:

IMG_20101024_233437.jpg

Roy, did Lou sell the house because of the man on the stairs? I wonder if the current owners are having similar experiences.

She sold the house because we moved on to the next step of our relationship (we were living in separate cities at the time).

No idea on the new owners.

We did a spiritual cleanse AND had the house blessed so I like to think we left the house more peaceful than we found it. Most of the negative disturbances were focused in my son's bedroom and since the woman who purchased the house was single I am hopeful that bedroom stays vacant for a while.

I am not sure of the correct terminology or if there even is any. But after living through what we experienced and seeing first hand how "they" physically affected my son as well as myself plus having other people while visiting my home feel/see the presence as well. I no longer have the luxury of doubt.

Looking back over those many months I am amazed how I managed. My children were afraid to go up to their bedrooms or even to the upstairs bathroom to brush their teeth. Julian and I had month after month of disturbed sleep. In the middle of the night I would hear banging in Julian's room so I would rush in only to find him peacefully sound asleep. My daughter would complain night after night that Julian was kicking the wall between their bedrooms but I had started having him sleep in a sleeping bag (in an attempt to keep him from ending up under the bed) so there was no way that could be kicking the wall.

I lived it ... I wasn't looking for trouble or for attention. It was my own personal hell since very few believed me and it was a long, lonely and terrifying struggle to protect my son from powers I could not even explain.

But there is a big difference between observing a "lost soul" and what me and my children had to live through. Ghosts stories (and I have heard many) are fun and fasinating, I enjoyed reading those shared here.

(thumbs u

Here is one of mine:

Shortly after my son was born his great grandfather was spotted by my daughter outside his bedroom. My daughter was only 2 at the time but she came walking into my bedroom asking who the man in the blue baseball cap was standing outside Julian's room. The same blue baseball cap she later recognized at her grandparents house and commented on as the baseball cap that man was wearing. It was her great grandfathers favourite cap that he wore all the time. I was unaware of this fact since I myself had never met him (he died before I joined the family) or seen the cap before that day.

Neat huh ??

(shrug)

Some amazing stories on this thread. Thanks for sharing.

There is more evidence for "hauntings" than anyone suspects. A really convincing study of "ghosts" studied dozens of well-observed cases and made a distinction between three main types:

• Poltergeists - Mischievous, almost animal-like entities that often seem attracted to adolescent girls. They may move objects and make noise. They usually pass as the object of their attention grows.
  • Lingering Spirits - Remains of life forces of human dead, lingering from "moving on" for any number of reasons. Some of these can be helped to "move on".
  • Other - Things we can't begin to explain. Worse things than you can imagine. Check out The Black Monk Of Pontrefact for one example.

This is why you seriously don't want to mess with the spirit world. Reaching out for number 2, many people have unwittingly contacted Number 3.

About this coke teleportation story...

You must be pulling our collective legs? Did this really happen?

I see ghosts in airport restrooms..., oh wait a sec..., are we talking about senators, or ghosts?

The creepiest thing I heard about came from my sister. She got pregnant back in 1995. At the time, my grandfather was dying of cancer. Because my sister was pregnant and not married, no one wanted to tell my grandfather for fear of disturbing him. After all, he was a pretty traditional kind of guy and it would be a great-grandson that he wouldn't live to see born. :( Looking back on it now I think we should have told him.

Anyhoo, flash forward to a couple years after he was born.

One day, as my sister tells me, he wakes up, goes downstairs and sees a picture of my grandfather. He stares at the picture and then turns to his mom and says, "That man came and talked to me in my dream"

A cold shiver went down my spine. (It did again as I typed that lol )

Could just be a weird coincidence but I guess I'll never know for sure.

The creepiest thing I heard about came from my sister. She got pregnant back in 1995. At the time, my grandfather was dying of cancer. Because my sister was pregnant and not married, no one wanted to tell my grandfather for fear of disturbing him. After all, he was a pretty traditional kind of guy and it would be a great-grandson that he wouldn't live to see born. :( Looking back on it now I think we should have told him.

Anyhoo, flash forward to a couple years after he was born.

One day, as my sister tells me, he wakes up, goes downstairs and sees a picture of my grandfather. He stares at the picture and then turns to his mom and says, "That man came and talked to me in my dream"

A cold shiver went down my spine. (It did again as I typed that lol )

Could just be a weird coincidence but I guess I'll never know for sure.

Sometimes I suspect little kids can tap into things we don't see as adults.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my father-in-law passed away many years ago. He had a favorite captain's chair, which now sits in our living room.

When my daughter was just old enough to start speaking in sentences, from the kitchen my wife heard her chatting away in the living room. My wife asked my daughter who she was talking to. My daughter responded that she was talking to the man sitting in the chair. My wife asked, "What man?" My daughter responded, "The man with white hair... he's puffing on something."

My late father-in-law had white hair and smoked a pipe. My daughter had never seen a photo of him prior to this point.

I had one truly strange incident that I will never forget.

My Mother had cancer so my Dad had to take care of her 24/7,so I would always go there on my days off to help with the yard work,house cleaning etc.Well my dad was a stickler about getting up at 5 A.M everyday,when I arrived on this particular day to help.I knocked on the door at 6 A.M. and my dad didnt answer? So I go around to the back window and call in Mom are you O.K.,she said yes but your lazy Father is still asleep,WHA! I knew there was something wrong,so I break into the house.I find my father dead I call 911 and could not revive him,notify family members etc.Well after all the hoopla that ensued I stayed with my mom that evening,and slept on the couch.As I was getting ready to lay down I hear(in my dads voice)David what are you doing here? down the hall,as clear as anything. I did'nt see him but his voice sent shivers down my back,after that I certainly believed that there is some kind of afterlife.