• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out what happened at my local comic shop in STL...police stand off!

101 posts in this topic

I don't know this guy nor do I want to.

However, just because an accusation is made does not mean it is the truth.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty in my justice system.

But we can make an educated guess based on character, and the armed standoff with police along with the suicide threats don't paint him in the light of an innocent man.

I'm not saying the guy is guilty. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

You don't get good vibes from him. :eek:

Plus, I saw the picture, I mean look at that guy...
If they find out he is guilty, they should bypass the pen and hand him over to the little girl's father.

But we can make an educated guess based on character, and the armed standoff with police along with the suicide threats don't paint him in the light of an innocent man.

And we all know that just because somebody looks a certain way (black, brown, yellow, ugly) they are automatically bad, right?

He's behaving like OJ Simpson and Scott Peterson did before they were taken into custody.

And we all know that just because somebody looks a certain way (black, brown, yellow, ugly) they are automatically bad, right?

No, but when a child victim of rape and assault points a finger at someone, I'll assume the child is innocent of lying before I assume the man pointing a gun at a cop is innocent of rape and assault.

No, I never said certain people look bad, but did you look at this guy?

No, but when a child victim of rape and assault points a finger at someone, I'll assume the child is innocent of lying before I assume the man pointing a gun at a cop is innocent of rape and assault.

Children lie. It is not something that has to be taught - it is human nature.

I am not saying the guy is innocent or guilty - but it is just so $#@%ed up that the more sick the accusation - the easier it is for people with absolutely minimal information to make a judgement. Sad really.

How about if you wait for ALL the facts to come out before making a snap judgement on someone?

Your applying logic, please don't. :smirk:

Children lie.

Do they fake rape and assault evidence as well? Are we to assume the man is innocent and by doing so assume the child faked her own rape to frame him? If that wasn't totally ridiculous, and I went that far with you, what's the excuse for the armed standoff with police and suicide threats before being taken into custody? Has anyone innocent ever done that? Not that I can remember. Regardless what the court decides, I have my mind made up about him, just like I did about OJ and Scott Peterson.

I am not saying the guy is innocent or guilty - but it is just so $#@%ed up that the more sick the accusation - the easier it is for people with absolutely minimal information to make a judgement. Sad really.

How about if you wait for ALL the facts to come out before making a snap judgement on someone?

I know the guy. I'm trying to get a shocked look on my face, but it's not working out real well.

If you listen to the report in the video, you will hear that the guy never threatened the officers - just himself. (tsk)

How is that for logic?

I have a hard time believing that an innocent man would pull a gun on two police officers that show up to arrest him. Wanting to allow for facts to surface before making a judgment may be best in most instances, but sometimes there is enough to go on in making a reasonable assessment.

If you listen to the report in the video, you will hear that the guy never threatened the officers - just himself. (tsk)

How is that for logic?

Totally logical. If I were wrongly accused of something for which the prosecution would have absolutely no physical evidence for I would rather kill myself than prove myself innocent in court. Rather than surrender peacefully and call my lawyer, I would pull out my gun and have a standoff. Like pulling a weapon and having a standoff isn't threatening as it is...

Children lie.

Do they fake rape and assault evidence as well? Are we to assume the man is innocent and by doing so assume the child faked her own rape to frame him? If that wasn't totally ridiculous, and I went that far with you, what's the excuse for the armed standoff with police and suicide threats before being taken into custody? Has anyone innocent ever done that? Not that I can remember. Regardless what the court decides, I have my mind made up about him, just like I did about OJ and Scott Peterson.

I am not saying the guy doesn't have mental problems - anyone who threatens to take their own life has something crawling around in his head - but that doesn't mean he is guilty of the charges.

I caution anyone who accepts things at face value.

I have a hard time believing that an innocent man would pull a gun on two police officers that show up to arrest him. Wanting to allow for facts to surface before making a judgment may be best in most instances, but sometimes there is enough to go on in making a reasonable assessment.
Even if the kid did fake her own sexual assault (which is not a possibility. The only real possibility is that she mistook one creepy adult in the same place at the same time for another, which is at the least highly doubtful), he's at the least a creepy unsettling man with a loose cannon personality who acts irresponsibly with his gun. Lets reserve judgment here.

Children lie.

I am not saying the guy doesn't have mental problems - anyone who threatens to take their own life has something crawling around in his head - but that doesn't mean he is guilty of the charges.

There are only two possibilities. One is that the creepy mentally unstable man is guilty of assaulting a child. The other possibility is that the child is guilty of false accusations. Based on character alone, I don't see how you give the comic shop guy the benefit of the doubt over the girl. Why is the girl not innocent until proven guilty?

Children lie.

There are only two possibilities. One is that the creepy mentally unstable man is guilty of assaulting a child. The other possibility is that the child is guilty of false accusations. Based on character alone, I don't see how you give the comic shop guy the benefit of the doubt over the girl. Why is the girl not innocent until proven guilty?

Fedoraman is right. The guy is innocent until proven guilty.

I'm sure the police had an impressive amount of evidence before arresting him.

We'll see how it plays out.

I wonder what might be uncovered if you look him up on case.net. hm

What's case.net? Looks like a software site hm

Sorry.

www.courts.mo.gov/casenet

Children lie.

The girl isn't being accused of anything - therefore no guilt or innocence needs to be determined - just validation of the facts in a court of law.