• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out what happened at my local comic shop in STL...police stand off!

101 posts in this topic

Back in the 80's there was a cards and comics shop in Quincy, MA (I forget the name, although I was there a lot) and the owner shut down after it was discovered he had a taste for young boys.

I remember watching an episode of Law & Order: SVU where they find comics in the room of a predator, and Elliot says with disgust "It's always comicbooks with these guys..."

When he threatened to kill himself, the police should have gleefully encouraged him to do so.

I agree, take a piece of garbage like this out of the mix. I really feel for the parents of the child.

DR.X

When he threatened to kill himself, the police should have gleefully encouraged him to do so.

I agree, take a piece of garbage like this out of the mix. I really feel for the parents of the child.

DR.X

Yeah this SOB got off way to easy but that little girl has to live with what he did :mad: that really pisses me off. .

Back in the 80's there was a cards and comics shop in Quincy, MA (I forget the name, although I was there a lot) and the owner shut down after it was discovered he had a taste for young boys.

I remember watching an episode of Law & Order: SVU where they find comics in the room of a predator, and Elliot says with disgust "It's always comicbooks with these guys..."

Funny thing is, many of the writers of the various Law & Order series are obviously comic fans, since various episodes feature characters with comic-related names (either creators like Frank Miller and John Byrne, or actual comic characters like Steve Rogers and Barry Allen).

Granted, the names usually belong to criminals, but still...

No f'in way!

I knew that guy was a skeeze ball!

The only comic shop in St Louis containing anything worth buying, and the guy ends up being a pervert.

You know, it certainly doesn't surprise me at all. This guy had slimy pedophile written all over him.

I'm glad they locked his big up. He's like Jabba the Hut without the personality.

WOW! :o

Ya.....pretty sad.

I wonder whats gonna happen to his store ?? Might be a big sale happening there before too long. A liquidation sale !!

No f'in way!

I knew that guy was a skeeze ball!

The only comic shop in St Louis containing anything worth buying, and the guy ends up being a pervert.

You know, it certainly doesn't surprise me at all. This guy had slimy pedophile written all over him.

I'm glad they locked his big up. He's like Jabba the Hut without the personality.

WOW! :o

His previous biggest character flaw IMO was not pricing books. I went twice and when he broke out the guide at the counter, I quit going.

I don't know this guy nor do I want to.

However, just because an accusation is made does not mean it is the truth.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty in my justice system.

But we can make an educated guess based on character, and the armed standoff with police along with the suicide threats don't paint him in the light of an innocent man.

But we can make an educated guess based on character, and the armed standoff with police along with the suicide threats don't paint him in the light of an innocent man.

I'm not saying the guy is guilty. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

You don't get good vibes from him. :eek:

I'm not saying the guy is guilty. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

You don't get good vibes from him. :eek:

Plus, I saw the picture, I mean look at that guy...