• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA #94

9 posts in this topic

any thoughts on the Byrne/Claremont collaboration before i pick it up?

It was pretty solid - Byrne's art looks sharper than usual, probably because he let Jerry Ordway ink it.

As for the story, it was lots of fun, Byrne is still a "master" of the artform, and while I'm no great fan of Claremont's these days, I thought it was a decent enough reading "part 1".

Must ask: Manitou Raven and Faith? Why are these guys in the JLA?

This storyarc is going to spin off into a new title to be written and drawn by Byrne that will debut this summer. The characters from that new title also appear in the shadows in this issue. Newsarama broke the news this morning so I won't spoil it for anyone here.

Kev

[it was pretty solid - Byrne's art looks sharper than usual, probably because he let Jerry Ordway ink it.

As for the story, it was lots of fun, Byrne is still a "master" of the artform, and while I'm no great fan of Claremont's these days, I thought it was a decent enough reading "part 1".

This storyarc is going to spin off into a new title to be written and drawn by Byrne that will debut this summer. The characters from that new title also appear in the shadows in this issue. Newsarama broke the news this morning so I won't spoil it for anyone here.

Kev

quote]

Have they released what the name of the new title will be?

[it was pretty solid - Byrne's art looks sharper than usual, probably because he let Jerry Ordway ink it.

Kev

quote]

Have they released what the name of the new title will be?

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10292

thanks for the link! sounds like its going to be a good book...cant wait!

I just read the issue and it was very good! I am not really a JLA expert, this being my first issue I ever read, but I liked it! Byrnes art was right on the money and the story was very well done. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Claremont has fallen out of my favor, lately, too, but this was pretty damn good. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Always been a huge Byrne fan, and I hope this team-up will revamp (no pun intended) Claremont's creative flow.