• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What has rang your door bell tonight?

55 posts in this topic

I wish I had a camera with me when I was handing out candy tonight. I seen Iron Man, the Incredibles, Snake Eyes, Flash, Burt and Erine just among a few. It was also very pleasent that even the older kids were polite this year. Unlike the adults at the local Wal-Mart when I went to get candy.

We were told by our neighbors to expect to have 200-300 kids but we couldn't afford to buy candy so I made do with some other items giving out some candy,necklaces,stuffed animals (I had gotten at a palette sale) and just a mish mash of stuff. But I bet there wasn't 100 I had more adult looking trick or treaters in costumes that had less thought in them than mine than anything else.

There was a very cute baby dressed as a monkey with a banana in his pocket who toddled of my step and face planted into the dirt..(he got a stuffed tiget I gave out the animals to tiny tots and cutie pie babies) There was a cute godzilla toddler who kept pointing in his bag and saying "Candy" I'd drop the candy in and he'd hold the bag up again and point inside and say "Candy". Princesses got necklaces made out of pop beads..I probably had two dojos worth of Ninjas.

But two good Wolverines 1 Iron Man without the mask 1 half costumed spidey all the superheroes.

Our neighbors had a haunted front yard and the husband dressed up like a crazy clown..he scared the poo outta about a third of the trick or treaters they would not come close to our house..which was Okay we got cleaned out of all the treats..

I really hate the 20 something kids with no costume who just walk up and stick their hands in the bucket of candy and grab what they want and leave..how rude..

I really hate the 20 something kids with no costume who just walk up and stick their hands in the bucket of candy and grab what they want and leave..how rude..

I had a few of those tonight. I wouldn't let them have anything unless they gave me a big "TRICK OR TREAT."

:devil:

But I had one 10 year-old that came to the door - rude kid. He grabbed the basket out of my hand and went to dump the entire thing into his pumpkin sack. I had him give it back to me and then looked over at his dad. The father just shrugged and said, "He likes candy!"

doh!

I had a few of those tonight. I wouldn't let them have anything unless they gave me a big "TRICK OR TREAT."

But I had one 10 year-old that came to the door - rude kid. He grabbed the basket out of my hand and went to dump the entire thing into his pumpkin sack. I had him give it back to me and then looked over at his dad. The father just shrugged and said, "He likes candy!"

doh!

Did you give him anything after that?

I have lived in the same neighborhood for 12 years and this was the best Halloween yet. My boys had a blast one was War machine and the other was a Clone trooper. A lot of houses giving out candy this year. Out walking with the kids I saw a lot of princesses and witches for the girls and for the boys most boys from 10 down were some sort of super hero. With the teen-age boys being slashers or more horror related.

My wife said all the kids were polite and said thank you :o

All-in-all it was great.

doh!

I'm such a sap. Yeah - I still gave him something. How could I not and send a kid off like that?

doh!

I'm such a sap. Yeah - I still gave him something. How could I not and send a kid off like that?

Did you kick him and his dad in the nuts?