• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What has rang your door bell tonight?

55 posts in this topic

Porch light on, purple lights in every window, streamers hung, jack-o-lanterns lit, candy ready...

and only 10 trick or treaters. :tonofbricks:

#8 or so was a little kid (3 years old or so) dressed in a Spider-man costume. Had I known he was going to be among the last visitors we'd have, I'd have given him more than the big handful I gave him for being dressed as a comic book character. In retrospect, I should have just given him my whole bowl of candy.

Now we've got about $15 in candy that we'll likely never touch. Any ideas what to do with it? (shrug)

Lots of non english speakers this year.

Yup, I noticed that a lot while we were out. I saw a van pull up at the head of the block and let out about 2 kids and 2 adults, then move up to the next block... 2 kids, 2 adults... next block... 2 kids, 2 adults. It was like they were "working" the area. On a couple of occasions I crossed paths with the parents just standing on the sidewalk talking on the phone in Spanish. It sounded like they were coordinating a community take over or something (my Spanish ain't as good as it used to be).

The thing that really chapped me was this 15 or 16 year old kid wearing a Batman t-shirt. He was making his way down the block as fast as possible "collecting" candy. As he passed by me he said to his friend, "This suck. All they're giving out is a bunch of crap." I couldn't resist; I told him to get the hell out of here and followed him to the end of the block. What a tool!

Porch light on, purple lights in every window, streamers hung, jack-o-lanterns lit, candy ready...

#8 or so was a little kid (3 years old or so) dressed in a Spider-man costume. Had I known he was going to be among the last visitors we'd have, I'd have given him more than the big handful I gave him for being dressed as a comic book character. In retrospect, I should have just given him my whole bowl of candy.

Now we've got about $15 in candy that we'll likely never touch. Any ideas what to do with it? (shrug)

Local children's home?

Our school is taking it in donation and sending it over seas to the Troops.

Ton's of great costumes showed up at our place but the wierdest thing was this...

IMAG0441.jpg

That's my pumpkin having a conversation with a random chicken that showed up Halloween morning and won't go away. We don't have chickens or live on a farm.

You gotta love Halloween.

Danny

Ton's of great costumes showed up at our place but the wierdest thing was this...

IMAG0441.jpg

That's my pumpkin having a conversation with a random chicken that showed up Halloween morning and won't go away. We don't have chickens or live on a farm.

Danny

That is GREAT!

IMAG0441.jpg

Danny

Danny

Hows things?

Portland show 11/21?

"Never touch it?" That's like saying you'll never have sex.

Who doesn't like candy?

Gee, nobody does Halloween like these (going around and trick or treating) in Singapore! You'll probably be drawing awkward looks if you so much as don a mask. It really sounds fun! Man, I gotta get my butt to the US by hook or by crook sometime SOON!!!!

Just curious, don't parents worry about their kids (especially the young ones) going around strangers' homes? I know it's a festival and all, but I'm sure there have been unfortunate cases and incidents?

Just curious, don't parents worry about their kids (especially the young ones) going around strangers' homes?

For kids under a certain age (under 8 maybe), there was a parent either standing right behind them or on the sidewalk watching. And especially with the really young ones, I've never had a situation where the parent isn't right there next to them.

Even if they are in small groups, I would still follow along just to make sure everything goes smoothly. In my neighborhood, most of the parents do this.

Danny

Danny

Hows things?

Portland show 11/21?

Hey Dennis,

Life's good, and I will be at the show. Hope your doing well I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the 21st.

Danny

Royce,I and Dan should all be there.Royce and I have a table with Dan helping out.

We will grab some dinner/Lunch afterwards and it would be great if you can make it.

D.