• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective comics 54

13 posts in this topic

Really nice looking copy the cover and centerfold are detached but the book has OW-W pages, The book looks really nice but im not sure what to grade it asking $200 (which is what i paid). Shipping $10.

Paypal is fine

amazingfantasy032.jpg

Presents really well for the grade. Nice book!

Reminds me of that earlier issue pre -robin where the cover imagery is really similar.

Cant remember which issue.

Detective #33

Thats why i bought it cause its the poor man's version (which i certainly am )

TEC 33 :idea:

Weird. It looks like the same bridge on both covers.

Its the same bridge and bad guys, What happened was when batman jumped off the bridge the 1st time he missed and fell so he waited for 21 issues for them to drive by again (after they stole robin) but this time he went head first thinking it was a better idea. You have to read the book to see what happens next

TEC 33 :idea:

Weird. It looks like the same bridge on both covers.

Its the same bridge and bad guys, What happened was when batman jumped off the bridge the 1st time he missed and fell so he waited for 21 issues for them to drive by again (after they stole robin) but this time he went head first thinking it was a better idea. You have to read the book to see what happens next

Nonsense. The fact is, Gotham City is built on an island (Kinda like Manhattan, duh) and has a limited number of bridges and tunnels for the villains to threaten to blow up or escape through. I'd be surprised if that same bridge didn't show up again and again.

(Runs away laughing)