• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade of a Batman 49

38 posts in this topic

It came back an 8.0, off-white to white pages. This is one of the first books I submitted to CGC right after they started and it is what I originally began my buying based on. This is a truly incredible book, outstanding gloss. Other than the few light creases on the spin and the slightly rounded corner, it is flawless. Once I get my new scanner I will post some other 8.0's from my collection.

I agree, that looks better than many 8.5 GA books I've seen. I think a resubmit would garner an 8.5, possibly even a 9.0. Beyond a couple of spine stresses and some very minor corner blunting, it looks pretty pristine.

Anyone on the boards who's been following GA books' grades from CGC since the early days care to comment on whether / how much CGC has 'softened' its stance on GA books? I think it's fair to say they're pretty forgiving on 'em nowadays - was that always the case?

Awesome book!

I agree with garth. I have seen many less nice looking books get 8.5 and even 9.0 so I think a resub is in order. But get the graders notes first in case there's something we're not seeing on the scan.

Awsome cover thumbsup2.gif

I hope I am not out of line here, but going by the front cover, and this being a GA book I would say 7.5/8.0

If you call that a 7.5, please link me to your auctions so I can buy some of your "7.5" comics. grin.gif

7.5/8.0 Linky

There you go grin.gif

Awsome cover thumbsup2.gif

I hope I am not out of line here, but going by the front cover, and this being a GA book I would say 7.5/8.0

If you call that a 7.5, please link me to your auctions so I can buy some of your "7.5" comics. grin.gif

7.5/8.0 Linky

There you go grin.gif

WOW, some of those do look better than their grades. I'll be watching them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awsome cover

If you call that a 7.5, please link me to your auctions so I can buy some of your "7.5" comics.

7.5/8.0 Linky

There you go

Not the point since all the books are ALREADY CGC'd.

How about "UNSLABBED" 7.5 and 8.0's.

I would be hoping that I could buy a 7.5 from you and CGC might give it an 8.0-8.5. cloud9.gif

How about "UNSLABBED" 7.5 and 8.0's.

I would be hoping that I could buy a 7.5 from you and CGC might give it an 8.0-8.5. cloud9.gif

Nothing a little "clean and pressing" can't solve..... smirk.gif

Jim

That books looks like a Very Low VF (8.0). I'm not saying it's overgraded but definitely on the border.

Call for the graders notes on your book. My guess is that there is a long non-color breaking surface crease somewhere on the book. They are almost impossible to see once inside the shell.

As a side note, long non-color breaking creases do DOWNGRADE a book (I know CGC downgrades for them). Yet, when I have bought overgraded unslabbed books, it is usually the non-color breaking creases that are completely overlooked.