• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculating on Walking Dead

217 posts in this topic

Did kirkman really say over in 200 ?.. that makes me sad :(

why?.....i don't want this book to end...and least not yet. (btw...i think he's said 300 a couple of times, but who knows how long it'll actually go. hopefully 500+ great issues)

Me either I don't want it to end at 200 that is what makes me sad :D the entire thing about TWD was that it was always suppose to be an entire ongoing never ending zombie comic world

why?.....i don't want this book to end...and least not yet. (btw...i think he's said 300 a couple of times, but who knows how long it'll actually go. hopefully 500+ great issues)

Me either I don't want it to end at 200 that is what makes me sad :D the entire thing about TWD was that it was always suppose to be an entire ongoing never ending zombie comic world

In issue 200 he will wake up in the hospital again but this time it is from a bad dream.

The End

In issue 200 he will wake up in the hospital again but this time it is from a bad dream.

The End

then you'd see a 9.8 sell for $40

There is PLENTY of coin to be pocketed on the oddball sized, Cowboy, Ninja Viking.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/06/zombielanders-bringing-cowboy-ninja-viking-to-the-silver-screen/

Speculating does not mean buying and holding forever. It's a game of musical chairs, knowing when to sell is an artform.

If you had 1st print copies of oddball size Viking, Mouse Guard, Cowboy Ninja Viking, Tick, TMNT, Stuff of Legend and you did not make money. I made a ton of cash on Viking. It sells for nothing now. You are holding too long. If you want to speculate on comics to hold onto forever, buy key gold/silver age.

Modern speculation is more fluid.

Any shop that does not have 27 in stock does a job ordering new comics. The final order cutoff was this week. Opportunity was there, hype was in advance of order window, ( it sets the print run )

This week I'm buying extra Thunder agents and Halcyon from image

Respectfully

Larry Doherty

Larry's Wonderful, Wonderful World of Comics n such.

978-459-5323

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

http://larryscomics.net

http://facebook.com/larryscomics

http://twitter.com/larryscomics

I agree. Speculating on these books in general is tough. Definitely more of a flippers market than it is a collectors market. I will grab a few "hot" books here and there and typically unload them within a few days. I made a dumptruck load of cash off Obama ASM books and the Recalled All-Star Batman and Robin. Those two books alone probably made me almost 2k.

I have owned one copy of the Walking Dead 1. I sold it within 48 hours and picked up an extra 50 bucks. To me that is the fun part of moderns. I even still have 1 recalled edition signed by Jim Lee, but I just like the book..

Boozad. Sell the rest of your modern Drek and buy my Bat books!

I'm working on it. Not sure how much of my modern drek is actually worth anything anymore though :cry:

This book has legs, no matter how common people perceive #1 9.8's to be.

It has a rabid fan base.

It has a TV show that could do more for later issues prices than rumour speculation on the CGC boards ever could.

The people behind it are focused to make it last (Kirkman has said, what 200 issues?). I mean, who does THAT anymore?

And to top it all off, it's still GOOD.

IMHO, this is the tip of the iceberg.

And only a few of us, a little over 200 can own one. Some of us have 2 9.8's, with this said there are probably 3 to 4 times this many that may want to own one. Demand outsees the supply big time. 2c

Also keep in mind,a lot of these new non-comic people who are getting exposed by the Walking Dead tv series are most likely not going to go out and pay $500 to $600 dollars for a Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.8,they are most likely to go out and buy the Walking Dead trades or Walking Dead Compendium. Should be interesting over the next year how this market goes and how it plays out.

If 8 million people tuned in for the TV show and even 1% of those are comic book fans, that's 800,000 people.

If only 10% of that are hardcore Walking Dead fans, that's still 80,000 people.

And if only 10% of THAT are people who have the money, and think it would be cool to have a 9.8 #1, but AREN'T SURE, that would STILL be 8,000 people (or roughly the print run of the book.

And this thing still has a chance to GROW!

There's NOTHING else you can compare this book to.

Your math is wrong...

If 8 million people tuned in for the TV show and even 1% of those are comic book fans, that's 800,000 people.

If only 10% of that are hardcore Walking Dead fans, that's still 80,000 people.

And if only 10% of THAT are people who have the money, and think it would be cool to have a 9.8 #1, but AREN'T SURE, that would STILL be 8,000 people (or roughly the print run of the book.

And this thing still has a chance to GROW!

There's NOTHING else you can compare this book to.

Your math is wrong...

what's an extra zero amongst friends?

It has a rabid fan base.

It has a TV show that could do more for later issues prices than rumour speculation on the CGC boards ever could.

The people behind it are focused to make it last (Kirkman has said, what 200 issues?). I mean, who does THAT anymore?

And only a few of us, a little over 200 can own one. Some of us have 2 9.8's, with this said there are probably 3 to 4 times this many that may want to own one. Demand outsees the supply big time. 2c

Also keep in mind,a lot of these new non-comic people who are getting exposed by the Walking Dead tv series are most likely not going to go out and pay $500 to $600 dollars for a Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.8,they are most likely to go out and buy the Walking Dead trades or Walking Dead Compendium. Should be interesting over the next year how this market goes and how it plays out.

I actually see it the other way around. Aren't the inexperienced collectors the ones who usually pay craziest prices for comics because they havn't been burned before? They'd also become over excited with the prospect of making an investment out of their favourate TV show.

yeah, i read your post wrong. my bad. i thought you said "did he really say over 200" as in over 200 issues.

It has a rabid fan base.

I actually see it the other way around. Aren't the inexperienced collectors the ones who usually pay craziest prices for comics because they havn't been burned before? They'd also become over excited with the prospect of making an investment out of their favourate TV show.

Most non-comic people I know who are finding out about the series for the first time are asking me where do I go to buy and read this? Not one person has asked me about where do I buy this slabbed. You got to think not many people know what the concept of CGC is, if comics are considered a niche,CGC is considered a niche of a niche. BTW I have been sending them to Larry`s Comics in Lowell,so hopefully the lcs are picking up some business. (thumbs u

Every time I am at my LCS, it seems someone is there looking at their big display of WD trades. There is interest, but people are not necessarily looking for the issues when all the trades are available.

Now, that may lead to more interest and demand, wait and see.