• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING TO ALL NEWBIES

100 posts in this topic

Accusation after accusation. I ended an auction. Leave it at that, but TOMEGA had to add in other "false" accusations:

"Is this the one you were trying to sell everyone as a very fine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2227159003

Yeah, you are not a scammer. Keep on ending auctions, just wait until Monday – I am sure eBay will be very understanding"

This is where he accused me of selling a CGC 6.0 as a very fine?? What is he talking about. Its a 6.0....where did I sell that one as a very fine? Never got the proof because it was another lie from him.

Im sorry I do keep this going, but Im not going to sit back and be accused as a scammer when I ended an auction early.

so why did you end the auction early?

because you weren't gonna make enough money?

is that it?

You nailed it and now she is pulling a hissy fit because she has made a fool of herself here and in another thread.

Blunderkittens banality

It started as thread about someone doing the same thing but got locked after blunderkitten cried.

I tell you Cats something, awhile back I was the high bidder on some Silver Age Wonder Womans. the auctions were getting ready to close and it looked like I would get some bargains..

No, the cheapskate seller ended the auctions prior to close and then sent me a email telling me he couldn't let them go that cheap! I was [!@#%^&^]'d! What a square!

Thats what the reserve is for sellers, so you can protect yourself, or, start the opening bid higher...

people are driven by greed...

I run many ebay auctions..

I start them at .99 cents and let the market decide the value...

why on earth wouldn't you either put a reserve or just open the auction at a higher opening price?

Because that costs $ and she has a "sick relative" that needs every penny she can scrape, scam or just plain steal.....or something.

I was under the impression that as a seller if your Auction has less then 12 hours to go, and has more then 1 bid, you cannot end it.

I dont sell alot , but I thought that was the rule.???

I guess after reading this thread, I will look into it further.

Zeman

I think I am thinking abou tthe restrictions on the reserve price, and other seller options available with only 12 hours to go with a bid on it.

I have never ended an auction so I dont know

Seems crazy that Ebay would allow a seller to end a auction after it has recieved a bid.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of an "auction"

I'll tell you, on some of my auctions that I started at a opening bid of .99 cents, I was heading for a beating....

but at the end, the snipers stepp'd in and bid some of my items way high daddy-o!

I was under the impression that as a seller if your Auction has less then 12 hours to go, and has more then 1 bid, you cannot end it.

I dont sell alot , but I thought that was the rule.???

I guess after reading this thread, I will look into it further.

Zeman

A bidder can't retract a bid in the last 24 hours (or is it 12?), but a seller can end an auction at any time.

Maybe we could have a "dante's inferno" of sorts? You know, Danny Dipcake could be at the center, and so on out for 11 more circles. I haven't read the book, but I'm sure others here have and could offer up a suitable analogy.

sign-offtopic.gif

kitty-call: 1-800-CRY-WAAH

STOP YELLING IN YOUR POSTS. This is more like it. So, are you like 10 years old? I think my 2 year old can type something better...

fugatafboutfsdit assd hollef

confused-smiley-013.gif

I prefer to start with higher start prices, cause Reserves usually is a guessing game and potentially wastes the buyer's time (not to mention the frustration factor). As long as I get one bid on my auctions, I'm cool. Dig? thumbsup2.gif

As for "ThunderKitten," it's pretty clear to me, based on the schizophrenic nature of his/her many posts, that we're dealing with a seriously sick mind. Forget the relative, TK, go out and score yourself some Valium 10s, you'll be amazed at the results! (Heck, take two of those babies and you won't even CARE if your auctions end a tad on the low side! thumbsup2.gif)